Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Omnaris question

I am currently in the process of miscarrying. I am a mess, but looking for answers.

I just thought about it and wondered if my Omnaris nasal allergy spray would have had any side effects. And I found that it was not recommended that you use it while pregnant.

I feel responsible. And I kinda feel like someone should have said "dont take this if you get pregnant". DH and I were not trying to get pregnant, so its not like my family doc knew this would happen. But I feel like a warning would have been nice.

Anyone have any insite?

Re: Omnaris question

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.  I know it's tempting, but try not to blame yourself.  The vast majority of early losses are due to chromosomal abnormalities, and completely beyond your control.  Nothing you did or didn't do caused you to lose your baby. Almost every medication out there---OTC and prescription--has a pregnancy warning on it, not because all drugs are dangerous, but because it's impossible to test these drugs on pregnant women to find out if they are indeed dangerous.  So, to be on the safe side (and to cover their butts with regards to law suits), they (doctors and drug manufacturers) tell you not to take them when pregnant.  My point is: This isn't your fault.  It's no one's fault.
  • Options

imageClaraEarlene:
    I am so sorry for your loss.  I know it's tempting, but try not to blame yourself.  The vast majority of early losses are due to chromosomal abnormalities, and completely beyond your control.  Nothing you did or didn't do caused you to lose your baby. Almost every medication out there---OTC and prescription--has a pregnancy warning on it, not because all drugs are dangerous, but because it's impossible to test these drugs on pregnant women to find out if they are indeed dangerous.  So, to be on the safe side (and to cover their butts with regards to law suits), they (doctors and drug manufacturers) tell you not to take them when pregnant.  My point is: This isn't your fault.  It's no one's fault.

This. I couldn't have said it better regarding miscarriage or drug companies. This is NOT your fault. Please don't blame yourself. And I too am so sorry for your loss.  

PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I thought the same thing regarding one of my nasal sprays. I took pantanase before I found out I was pg. Not your fault girl!! I agree with the above post. They more than lickely don't cause any problem drug companies have to cover their butts.  I have huge allergy/sinus problems. Saline , netti pots and mild neo-synerphrine are what I'm going to stick to when it's time to tcc again (that's what my ent recommended). I'm so sorry for your loss. And as hard as it is to accept (i'm still coming to grips with this) nothing you did caused this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MrsJCMrsJC member
    Don't beat yourself up about this.  With my first pregnancy, I used Afrin nasal spray before finding out I was pregnant, and I had a missed m/c at 12w3d.  With my second, I was very careful not to take anything that wasn't on my doctor's approved meds list, and here I am having my second m/c at 6 weeks.  It was nothing that any of us did that caused our losses.  It's just one of those really really crappy things that happens in life.
    BFP #1 1/27/11, EDD 10/7/11, D&C 3/29/11 @ 12w4d
    BFP #2 5/19/11, EDD 1/20/12, Natural miscarriage 6/2/11 @ 6w6d
    Dx 2 copies of MTHFR reductase DNA mutation (C677T & A1298C) June 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"