Phoenix Babies

Chandler Regional vs Mercy Gilbert?

I have heard mixed reviews about Chandler, most leading towards the negative. My doc delivers at both and it's only about 5 min farther to Gilbert from my house than Chandler is. I was planning on Chandler, but being new to the area I decided to ask around.

All of the posters and pictures of Gilbert are hanging in his ob office and I am always interested because of the size of the rooms.

Should I tour both and then decide? Any feedback?

Re: Chandler Regional vs Mercy Gilbert?

• The most critical difference between the 2 is that Chandler Regional has a very good level 3 NICU while Mercy Gilbert doesn't have a NICU at all. Mercy Gilbert is a newer, more beautiful hospital with spa-like services, so I think it is more comfortable there. If I were pregnant I would prepare to deliver at Chandler Regional but hope I lasted long enough to deliver at Mercy Gilbert.

• I say tour both. If you are not a high risk pregnancy, then my bet would be that you will like Mercy better. They are newer and have different services than the traditional setting of Chandler. I had a friend who delivered at Chandler Regional a couple years ago and all I can remember is her room being super tiny! It was hard to fit 3 of us in there for a quick visit and her poor hubby had to sleep on a recliner type chair. I would also ask your doc where he/she prefers to deliver. Chances are they know the staff pretty well at both locations and can offer up some sound advice when it comes to the type of care you will receive.

Good luck with your pregnancy and delivery!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the input!  I appreciate it!!!
  • I know I'm kinda late but I loooove mercy Gilbert. It is the mist amazing hospital and I'll never go anywhere else if I can help it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Plenty of time, I am due in Septemeber just wanted to get a jump on it. Thank you so much for input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"