South Jersey Babies
Options

trying to find a new ob--due Oct 2011

Hi--I was originally going to post to see what local moms thought of kennedy versus virtua.  but i saw some more posts about them.  

my current ob delivers out of south jersey regional hospital system, and b/c of the radiology dept's slip up with missing the fetal hydrops at the anatomy scan, i can't say I am comfortable delivering there with this pregnancy.  I have enough fears right now.  

I had my d & e at kennedy in november, and have to say I was impressed with the facility and the staff, and I love my perinatologist that is there!  I'm there almost every other week anyway, but I don't know any ob's that deliver out of kennedy.   I would ask him, but I don't see him till next week.

But I did find an ob I like--I went to her years ago, but she delivers out of Virtua, but I know almost nothing about it except they have a NICU, which is a plus in my book.

But if anyone has any recommendations for ob's that deliver in either kennedy or virtua or both, I would appreciate it!   TIA

image Robbie's Blog
DD #1 born 10/21/03

DD #2 born 2/8/06

DS no hb 11/17/10 at 21w1d, d&e 11/24,demise due to fetal hydrops, from congestive heart failure, probably caused by structural malformation

Our Rango....BFP 2/6/11...hb on 2/23...perfectly healthy, but no hb on 6/9/11 d & e 6/15/2011
Rango's Blog

Re: trying to find a new ob--due Oct 2011

• Options
    I go to Garden State OBGYN. They deliver at Virtua and are great!
  • Options

My OB delivers strictly out of Kennedy. His office is on Fries Mill Rd. in Twp. His name is Dr. Elias Nemeh. He's a male OB, so I don't know if you are comfortable with that. I switched from a large practice to him and I'm so glad. He really gets to know his patients. He also is rarely running late, which I really appreciate. And all of the nurses are really nice.

Kennedy has a NICU as well, it's one step below Virtua's.

Here's his info:

188 Fries Mill Road,
    Turnersville, NJ 08012
    Phone: (856) 875-0505

FWIW, I picked him based on reccomendations from the L&D nurses @ Kennedy. When I knew I had to switch docs I asked my mom who to use. She works @ Kennedy and asked a few nurses who their favorite doc was to work with and they all raved about Dr. Nemeh.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    lilylowlilylow member

Univerysity Doctors - right across the street from Kennedy.  It's the practice that Dr. Davis is affliliated with. 

https://theuniversitydoctors.com/services/obgyn/index.html

They have obs and midwives.  If you make an appointment ask for Dr. Bramble and avoid Dr. Salerno like the plague.  That guy has zero bedside manor and is a complete douche.  Dr. Bramble is very straight to the facts and doesn't beat around the bush.  She also sings during a c-section.

• Options

thank you all ladies for your quick responses!  i actually wasn't anticipating seeing my peri today at an extra scan when i went in for the sequential blood work, but he wanted us to stop and check in.  so i used the opportunity to ask him for a recommendation too, and explained my concerns.

and thankfully, (since I love Dr. Davis so much!  i know he has been the best dr through  our loss when we first met him and all, and he has been so sympathetic during this pregnancy), Dr. David suggested that he would perform the c-section and take over my pre-natal care.  I started to cry--I am so relieved!  So as soon as I get my paperwork transferred I'll be seeing him even more regularly!  But thank you for the names, b/c after the LO is born (FX), I can switch to a new ob, one of the ones you recommended.  

Lilylow--thank you for letting me know about that practice--i know i'll want to stay by dr davis as much as i can, so its good to know he is affliated with a practice that close to the hospital.   

thanks again everyone! 

image Robbie's Blog
    DD #1 born 10/21/03

DD #2 born 2/8/06

DS no hb 11/17/10 at 21w1d, d&e 11/24,demise due to fetal hydrops, from congestive heart failure, probably caused by structural malformation

Our Rango....BFP 2/6/11...hb on 2/23...perfectly healthy, but no hb on 6/9/11 d & e 6/15/2011
    Rango's Blog
  • Options
    Garden State OBGYN.....love them!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    KLMFKLMF member
    University Doctors right behind Kennedy Hospital.  I am TTC but have seen Dr. Smith for a regular appt. and she was very nice and down to earth.  A midwife there also delivered my nephew.  I believe they deliver out of Kennedy and Virtua.  I grew up next to a Kennedy Peds nurse and this is the practice she recomended.
    DH VR 5/08 5/11 DIUI #1 clomid 100mg + ovidrel= BFN
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"