New to The Bump
Options

Overweight & TTC!

Hello fellow "Bump-ers"!

My husband and I have always been overweight and we have gained even more since getting married almost 2 years ago. We recently joined SparkPeople(an online weight-loss website & program) and I have signed up for a Zumba dance class. I am hoping to lose about 100lbs and my husband has about 50lbs to go. It is a HUGE goal, but it will all be worth it when I am finally pregnant with my little one! We are hoping to start TTC next November 2012, so we have plenty of time to get healthy for baby, but I was wondering if there were any suggestions from people whoe may have been in our place and what you did to make sure you were physically at your best before TTC?? I know it is incredibly unsafe to become pregnant while overweight and I plan on remedying this to the best of my ability in the next year and a half.

Basically, I am looking for advice more specific to pregnancy as far as trying to lose weight. I was wondering if there were certain eating habits I should try to start now that would be beneficial to my baby in the future and also if there are other women out there who were like me before TTC! I have baby on the brain BIG TIME and am planning on using this as a tool in my weight loss journey over the next 18 months!!

Also, I have been on BC(the pill) since 2005 and am planning on stopping it September 2012. Will that be early enough for my cycle to get back to normal when we start TTC in November??

I look forward to talking to you all & following you on your own journeys! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Overweight & TTC!

• Options

I wouldn't worry so much about being physically at your best, but focus more on having healthy habits in place. Plenty of people who are overweight TTC successfully.

I'd just get into the habit of eating right and exercising. You might want to talk to a nutritionist to get some good tips. Prenatal vitamins would be a good thing to start as well.

Some people regulate immediately after stopping BCP, others take several months. You won't know until you get started.

GL.

• Options

I am overweight!!  I had a goal like you to lose 100lbs before ttc.  I lost 40, and then got pregnant. I have pcos and thought my non ovulating would continue, but after losing the 40lbs my body started to work again.  I have since lost 10lbs, due to morning sickness and also because I have changed my diet big time.  I would suggest to you to think about all the stuff that would be unhealthy for you once you become pregnant and cut it out now.  I have cut down to one soda or caffinated drink a day...and I also make sure I eat alot of veggies and fruit.  I eat several small meals instead of 3 big ones.  I also make sure I eat breakfast...which was a must for me because I was feeling light headed in the morning and getting some food in my belly helped me feel better!! 

Good Luck!!

image image Siggy Challange: Before and After 2 Days old Image and video hosting by TinyPic Almost 9 Months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ZaphinaZaphina member
    my doctor told me sometimes it depends on what kind of BCP you are on as to how long it could take to regulate after going off of them. i was on monthly BCP for about 7 years and then on a 3 month cycle of them for 3 years. she said that sometimes it takes longer to regulate going from a 3 month type of pill as opposed to a once a month kind. not sure if that's 100% true, but that's what i was told!
    S/P L salpingo-oophorectomy w/ septic torsion 1999, dx moderate to severe Crohn's dz 2004. DH S/P hypospadic sx w/ multiple subsequent scar tissue removals, S/P herniorrhaphy. Married on 10/7/2006! TTC since May 2011; abnormal SA #1, better SA #2, normal HSG 7/2012, dx MFI/ low egg count, IUI! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"