Maryland Babies

Teagiedo

How is your LO doing with the Starband.  Have you finished treatment?

DD was doing great.  She went from a 8.8 to a 6.4 in the first 6 weeks!  But for the last month she has been sick repeatedly with fevers, so she hasn't worn her helmet as much.  (She had strep and then Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease.) 

We have another scan on June 6, and I am thinking we will not see nearly as much progress.  I know it would have slown down anyway.

I hope all is well with you!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Teagiedo

• I have meaning to give you an update but it always slips my mind.

We started the first 6 weeks with a 9mm change and then the last 6 weeks we only had 3mm change. So leah said his head was really slowing growth so we made a decision to stop the 23 hour a day wear. Since i am just a worried mom i left it on at night. We go back next wednesday for GRADUATION!!!!!

Your poor baby. Bradley had fevers too while he was full time. It was so hard to take that helmet off.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Yeah!  Way to go Bradley, and Mommy & Daddy.  A 12 mm change is awesome.  Will they do a final scan when you graduate?

Thanks again for really helping me.  The begining of this process was so hard emotionally, and it was very helpful to have someone to talk to about it.

Hugs to you and your family.

• Loading the player...
  • Bradley's head is not perfect and i get a little sad when his hair is wet but he did have severe brach so i am happy it looks more normal.  We will do a final scan next wednesday so there will celebration. The time went by so fast. We are happy we did it minus we still have the care credit bill for the next 16 months.

I am so happy i was able to be there for you. It was a very hard and emotional ride for me when i first started so i completely understand.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I hope that you have a great final scan!  If you dion't mind, I'd love to hear his final change.

After our last scan we took DD to Fudruckers to celebrate and she got to have a bit on my milkshake.   But not too much, I wanted her to nap on the 45 minute drive home.  Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"