D.C. Area Babies
Options

Toddler birthday parties

How much is too much?  I've been to a few where the kid freaks out from overload.  We were thinking of doing a small party with a few friends.  Curious what other people do.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Toddler birthday parties

• Options
    For DDs second birthday, we did a repeat of her first.  All of our friends and whatever kids they have.  It was fun and DD had a great time.  That said, DD likes parties and is not overwhelmed by them so other children might not feel the same. 
  • Options
    DS is not a fan of huge groups in small spaces.  We are planning to do a big party with his playgroup friends at the park, that way he won't be so overwhelmed in a small room with so many people.  I know he'll have fun just like any other time there are lots of kids playing at the park. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have family and close friend parties.  I would say max we have about 20 people in the house for the party and about 10-12 of them are family that stay at different times through out the weekend since no one is local.  The only other kids are family since my kids don't really have friends to invite and most of our friends have either no kids or older kids.  I may go a little overboard making homemade deocrations and treats and the food but nothing that would be overwhelming to my kids.

I think that a large number of kids could be overwhelming for some kids or it could be a ton of fun for others.  I really think that knowing your kid, what you can afford and what the party-goers will find fun is key to having a good party.  Most kids will love just cake and balloons and think it is a super special occasion, but going all out can be fun for some families as long as the kids enjoy it and it doesn't break your bank.

• Options
    we did DD's party at MyGym this year because our house is small, the weather is unpredictable in March and DH had surgery so it was the easiest thing for us. DD goes to MyGym weekly so it was not overwhelming for her. I liked it because it involved very little planning on my part and the MyGym staff had all the activities planned out and even served the lunch Big Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We had DD's 2nd at a playground and plan the same for her 3rd.

• Options
    I'm starting to think about the possibility of having two separate parties - one for family, one for friends (maybe do that one as a book exchange in leiu of presents).  But the thought of planning, set up, etc for 2 parties close together starts to make my head spin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"