LGBT Parenting
Options

PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

What's new in your world? Checking things off the to-do list? Actively trying? Or already chasing your LO around?

QOTD: What is one thing from your own childhood that you wish you could change? And how does/will that impact the way you raise your child(ren)?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

• Options
    Jdogs12Jdogs12 member
    I was a lurker here a while ago and asked some questions when we were looking into beginning the process.  I'm back lurking now that we've begun the process.  We had our first IUI last month (24th and 25th) with no luck although I let all the phantom symptoms get to me and drove myself crazy.  Now today is day 17 and I usualy get a positive on day 14 or 15.  My body also isn't giving me any signs that I'm ovulating.  I'm definitely not pregnant...anyone else have an odd cycle after their first IUI?  I'm trying not to drive myself crazy but the feeling of no control is frustrating me and I've come here for support.  Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Iz has been full of attitude lately.  She wanted to play in the sprinkler yesterday and then cried while she played in it, very grumpy day yesterday.  Her hair is getting so long, I am amazed by how quickly it's growing.  I think she may need some therapy to sort out her emotions and to help her respond with her own feelings/answers rather than what she thinks we want to hear.  All in all it's been a good week for her.

When did A get so big?  I held her hand yesterday and noticed just how much she has grown recently.  My little girl is getting so tall and beautiful.  Her attitude has improved a lot over the last couple weeks too.

QOTD: I wish I could change the drug abuse that I was around.  I ended up trying/doing a lot of drugs as a teen and young adult because I wondered what my parents liked about them.  I've thought a lot about how this is going to impact the way I raise my children, first and foremost, I do not do drugs anymore.  I've discussed drug use with A a couple of times and tried to explain it in a way that didn't make drugs seem forbidden and attractive.  I try to explain how people act when they are on drugs and ask her if that's how she would like to act.  I think seeing how my parents were around us kids when they were high makes me more open and honest with my kids about it.  I will not be that Mom who allows drinking and drugs at my house "because it's safer than them doing it in the streets".  I hope to educate my children so they can avoid drugs.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    2brides2brides member

Things are pretty status quo around our house. The boys are full of spunk, independence, lot of love, and laughs.

QOTD: My parents were/are very focused on weight. And given that both of them were over weight, it was a very mixed message. It really made me have a horrible body image and I basically gave them the proverbial finger and now am a heavy person. I try really hard not to focus on weight with the kids and offer healthy foods in moderation with treats.

My father also referred to me as "useless" as a nickname from 13y-sometime in college. It would make me cry and he would say that I was being too sensitive. As an adult, I have tried to get him to see how hurtful it was, but he can't see it from my perspective and so I gave up. Needless to say, I will never do that to the boys.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Not much new over here.  E is doing really well on her treatments but still sleeping horribly.  She was up a ton last night and had a low grade fever one of the times.  She was still asleep when I left which I hate so I have to call and check on her.  We are dropping down to 2 days per week in daycare in mid june so that and the nice weather I am hoping will allow us to have a nicer summer with less illness.

We have started talking about #2 and I think we will start trying either next summer or fall.  This is very exciting.  DW wants to loose some weight before starting to ttc so that is our summer project.  I could use to drop about 10lbs so ww is in our future.  On that note we may be moving to a bigger place which will make ttc and life in general much more doable.  The math teacher on my team owns a two family in the town I work in and it will be available 8/1.  It is 3 bedrooms, a study and 2 bathrooms.  I can not explain how awesome it would be if we could have some space for guests and an office for Sue.  I think some of the stress in our lives would be taken care of if we had a place to put stuff.

• Options

Things are going okay here. I feel like I am doing a lot of yelling this week. Marley is definately feeling comfortable here now and she is naughty!  Between that and Annie having two year old attitude added to being off her schedule still from the weekend, it seems I am always on someone. I need that to stop. I hate being a yelling parent at both child and dog. I need to get back to paretning the way I know I should. It has just been a very bad week.

the thing I wish I could change from my growing up was the absence of my mom. My mom has severe MS and was hospitalized for a lot of my years from 12- 18. By a lot I mean one year she was in the hospital 285 days.  I missed being able to do things other girls did with their moms ( shopping, getting ready for prom and graduation, preparing for college) I hope I will be able to capture some of that with Annie.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ky has one tooth poking through on the top and two more just under the surface now! She is taking more "steps" holding our hands which is very exciting. She is still going through a "solids stirke" she is not as good of an eater as she was before and wants more formula. The good news is I am getting her to drink formula out of a sippy cup like a champ....

QOTD: I wasnot really involved in anything extra, even school organizations really. I would have like to been involved in more at a younger age. I was painfully shy and still am to a point. I think if I had been involved in more that I would have had to interact with people more and not have just been able to retreat to my books.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

We are not TTC/PCP/ATP but I thought I'd anser the QOTD.

I would love to change the fact that my mother was a drug addict, and left me to raise my sisters most of the time. Yes, she was always 'home' but she was never 'there'. I would have loved to have that soccer mom that enjoys doing motherly things; so that will be me. I won't be out partying while my oldest is putting my younger ones to bed 3 days a week.

FWIW: My mom has been clean and sober for 9 years now.

• Options

I'm on CD2. Bummed of course but moving on to the next cycle. Last cycle was a whirlwind so we are hoping this cycle goes more to plan.

We are going to do 2 IUI's (unmedicated) this cycle and I am going to try some acupuncture. Yikes! It was me nervous but there are so many success stories and every one seems to love it whether they get pregnant or not. 

QOTD: I actually can't think of anything from my childhood that I would change, I had a wonderful childhood. I would love to be as good of parents to my children as mine were to me and my sisters!

• Options

I am on CD 12 with clomid on days 3-7. This will be our 2nd IUI. Life is hectic around here. M and I are both teachers- between final exam prep, distributing yearbooks, and attending staff meetings, it has been hard to relax and take a moment to enjoy this process.

QOTD: I think I would have stuck with some activities as I grew up. I played softball for three years as a kid, quit in my early teens, and couldn't keep up when I went to high school. There are a lot of things I was involved with- but not sports. I really want my kids to be involved with some kind of physical activity.

• Options

Late to my own question....

LO amazes me each day with how quickly she is growing/learning/changing. Boy is she stubborn though! :-p She's starting to growl/grunt when she doesn't get her way and it takes all I have to stifle my laughter. And I've come to love Wednesday with her.  A local restaurant has kids-eat-free Wednesday so LO and I have been going for the past several weeks.  I call it our date night.  We sit there and dine together and I love every moment of it.

QOTD: I hope I exude (sp?) more self confidence than my mother did.  I love my parents and I had a wonderful childhood but my mom didn't have much self confidence.  I think that rubbed off on me and I have always been shy and somewhat socially awkward.  If you've met my wife you know she has more than enough confidence for both of us Stick out tongue but I'm determined to let little JB see me in a different light than I saw my mother.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"