Two Under 2
Options

WWYD, RE: Pre-TTC Appointment and Hyperemesis

I'm going in next week to get my IUD out so my husband and I can start trying for #2; I'm very excited!  We hope to start trying on DD's first birthday.  :) 

I have some concerns, though, and I'm not sure whether to bring them up to my doctor at my appointment next week or if I should wait until we actually get pregnant again.  I was really sick with DD, and at the time, it seemed like I just had to suffer through it.  After I had her, though, I started doing some research and discovered hyperemesis; I'm pretty sure that I had hyperemesis when I was pregenant with DD, and I'm just as sure that my mom had it too, when she was pregnant with me and my sister.  Since there's a good chance I will have it with the rest of my pregnancies, I want to make sure that my concerns and condition are taken seriously. 

If you were me, would you bring up your concerns during the pre-TTC appointment?  Or would you wait until you are actually pregnant again?  The other option is to find a new doctor, but since healthcare is limited in my area, that would mean traveling 45 minutes away to find someone new.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: WWYD, RE: Pre-TTC Appointment and Hyperemesis

• Options
    I would bring it up at your appointment next week.  That way you can see what your doc has to say about it and whether you want to look for a new doc or not.  If your doc brushes it off, it gives you time to decide how to proceed...
  • Options
     I think it would be fine to bring it up ahead of time, especially since it runs in your family.     I mentioned it at my 1st appt. with baby#2 and my dr. was more than willing to prescribe something for me (even though I never complained about the nausea during my 1st pregnancy, I thought it was normal!)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd bring it up with your doc and see what they see.  I was definitely more ill with DD2 and adding toddler poo into the mix really didn't help matters...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    I have HG and I would definitley bring it up (LOL, no pun intended...).  I was sick with DS, but THAT was nothing compared to THIS.  It is literally debilitating and I was not able to care for my son.  The Dr called in a script for Zofran right away, and so far, things are about 90% better.  Make sure your Dr is willing to prescribe you right away or I would find a new Dr.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks!  I am worried the next one will be worse; my mom said it was worse with each pregnancy, and I'm a little concerned I'm following her footsteps. 

Do you have any tips/suggestions on dealing with HG while caring for #1?  Right now, I'm still working, but I'm quiting this fall for grad school and I'll have DD home full time with me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think it depends on your relationship with your current OB/GYN.  If you have a great one and feel you can discuss it then go for it.  I had hyperemesis for three out of my 5 pregnancies (bad enough to have a pump attached to me 24/7 to give me anti nausea medication) but I had an excellent OB that knew me well and if I was complaining he knew it was something very wrong.  I always see the same one when I have an issue because he listens to me and doesn't think I'm overreacting.  If you don't have a great relationship bringing up feeling nauseous even before you are PG might seem like you are putting the cart before the horse.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"