Houston Babies
Options

Where to buy hairbows?

I'm looking for hairbows for DD.  I'm hoping to purchase them some place local since I don't have time to order from etsy.  Any suggestions? I used to head to Woman's Work but they're closed.  Looking for smaller bows on alligator clips. Thanks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where to buy hairbows?

• Options

I don't have a girl so I don't know of anywhere in town but I have a friend who makes bows and I thought I'd share her website with you (she's not local but she's AWESOME!).

https://shelbyssassybows.com/store/Default.asp

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options

Not local but if you decide to order online later I have ordered from

Rainbowlicious and have always been happy with what I receive. She has a lot to look at in her album on FB.

Crazy Christmas Kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know in the woodlands mall, there is a booth/kiosk that sells bows, flowers, headbands, etc.  Not sure what part of town you are in but I bet other malls have a similar booth.

you could also try Justice for Girls, Claire's, maybe charming charlies?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I buy them at Chic Baby on 1960.  Is there a baby boutique near where you live?  Doodles in the Rice Village has bows too. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!  I'm in Sugar Land and work downtown so Doodles will be great. Thanks!
  • Options
    imagesad5781:

I know in the woodlands mall, there is a booth/kiosk that sells bows, flowers, headbands, etc.  Not sure what part of town you are in but I bet other malls have a similar booth.

I'll be at the Woodlands for the Jimmy Buffet concert tomorrow and can also do this. Thanks!

• Options
    imagelilygirl:
    imagesad5781:

I'll be at the Woodlands for the Jimmy Buffet concert tomorrow and can also do this. Thanks!

if i remember correctly, its right near the food court upstairs, right outside the sunglasses store.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    One day soon, hopefully I will have a need for hair bows.  But not so much now Sad
    image Oh Joy to the World!!
  • Options
    imagesad5781:
    imagelilygirl:
    imagesad5781:

if i remember correctly, its right near the food court upstairs, right outside the sunglasses store.  

Thanks!

• Options

imageJamicanBride:
    One day soon, hopefully I will have a need for hair bows.  But not so much now Sad

We can just barely sweep the top over in a bow, hence the need for the alligator clip.

Baby E is beautiful!

• Options

imageJamicanBride:

Ha! Reagan's hair is down to her butt yet Abby's is barely growing. Just this past weekend was I able to get her hair into a little ponytail. The brightside is not a lot of time spent to fix it!

Crazy Christmas Kids!
  • Options
    imageCindyandScott:

imageJamicanBride:

Ha! Reagan's hair is down to her butt yet Abby's is barely growing. Just this past weekend was I able to get her hair into a little ponytail. The brightside is not a lot of time spent to fix it!

oh, poor Abby....lol. 

• Options

imageJamicanBride:

Have you tried the stretchy head bands?  I know most alligator clips will even attach to them.  I have to recommend Frilly Flops and Bouncy Bows  Amber is local and does great work!  She often runs specials too.

• Options
    imagelilbitnmag:

imageJamicanBride:

Have you tried the stretchy head bands?  I know most alligator clips will even attach to them.  I have to recommend Frilly Flops and Bouncy Bows  Amber is local and does great work!  She often runs specials too.

We've tried it here and there.  But she doesn't keep it on very long, which might be an issue with a bow even if she did have hair..lol.  But I will try the head band with a alligator clip bow.  Thanks for the suggestion :)

• Options
    My cousin makes them, but they are bigger than L's head.
    imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • Options
    imageJamicanBride:
    imagelilbitnmag:

imageJamicanBride:

We've tried it here and there.  But she doesn't keep it on very long, which might be an issue with a bow even if she did have hair..lol.  But I will try the head band with a alligator clip bow.  Thanks for the suggestion :)

You are welcome!  I can't keep a hat on Cohen to save my life, so I can understand how it might be an issue with a bow.  Wink

• Options
    I have gotten little bows for a gift at Learning Express (In PL) before.  As I don't have a girl, I have no idea if they were alligator clips.  They were just simple pink bows - kind of pricey, though - I think $3 or $4 each for maybe 2 1/2 inches across ones.
  • Options
    When you have time to order - I can't say enough good things about etsy seller Beloved Bows - love her work, love the fact I can get the bows monogrammed as I see much fighting over who that white bow belongs to in my future.
  • Options
    imagelilygirl:

imageJamicanBride:

We can just barely sweep the top over in a bow, hence the need for the alligator clip.

Baby E is beautiful!

Thank you.  Sorry I missed this.  Georgia is just precious too.  I was wondering if she had grown more hair than what she has in your siggy pic, cause she seemed to have a much or as little as Eden...lol.  So that makes sense.

• Options
    Kid to Kid on Post Oak in between San Felipe and Westheimer has TONS of new bows and clips that are super cheap!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I'm really late chiming it, but try Harwin.  We buy all of DDs bows there.  She doesn't have much hair either.  I go to Harwin Central Mart.  There are 3 places in there that I go to purchase bows.  Bow World for her specialty bows and 2 other places for regular bows and headbands, but I forgot their names.  Actually, one of them is having a buy 1 get one free bow sale.  Good luck!

• Options
    imagekat.in.the.hat:
    When you have time to order - I can't say enough good things about etsy seller Beloved Bows - love her work, love the fact I can get the bows monogrammed as I see much fighting over who that white bow belongs to in my future.
  • Options
    also, hobby lobby has basic bows for $2.99 - they have large ones for that price and two small ones for the same price as well.
  • Options
    imageCindyandScott:

Rainbowlicious and have always been happy with what I receive. She has a lot to look at in her album on FB.

I'm pretty late responding to this but I wanted to add that I go to church with this girl (her name is Leah) and she's in Alvin, so pretty close.  Love her!

Also, I know Amber with Frilly Flops and Bouncy Bows, she's great too.

And I'll throw out another local name (in Deer Park), she's on Facebook under Melbow's Place. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagemissjake:
    imageCindyandScott:

I'm pretty late responding to this but I wanted to add that I go to church with this girl (her name is Leah) and she's in Alvin, so pretty close.  Love her!

And I'll throw out another local name (in Deer Park), she's on Facebook under Melbow's Place. 

Small world. I got her info from one of my sorority sisters. 

Crazy Christmas Kids!
  • Options
    imageCindyandScott:
    imagemissjake:
    imageCindyandScott:

Was it Lisa? I went to HS with her and she had asked for a bow maker referral a while back so I gave her Leah's info. (I noticed a while back that lisa was a common FB friend of ours)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagemissjake:
    imageCindyandScott:
    imagemissjake:
    imageCindyandScott:

Was it Lisa? I went to HS with her and she had asked for a bow maker referral a while back so I gave her Leah's info. (I noticed a while back that lisa was a common FB friend of ours)

Yes! She's my "big sister". Love her!

Crazy Christmas Kids!
  • Options
    I just signed my daughter up for a Tiny Tutu's class at The Motherhood Center and saw that they had bows there/tutu's/and wings as well.  A very cool place.  There bows were on alligator clips and came in different sizes and many colors. 
  • Options
    just playing catch-up - if you need hair bows or headbands (flowers and hats, too)  all are $3 or less and they ship really fast.  The link is below in my signature
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"