New York Babies

Mount Sinai?

Anyone have experience with Mount Sinai?  I'm going to be delivering there in a couple months and am just curious how other people have liked it.  I've heard a few good things but haven't been able to find much from people with personal experience.  I'm hoping to take one of their birthing classes and get the tour, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do it because I have such a weird, crazy schedule.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mount Sinai?

• I asked the same question a month or two ago. Only one person answered (and said good things). You might want to look for the thread.

• My sister in law had all 3 of her kids there.  Even after she moved out of the city, they came back to have the 2nd and 3rd baby there because she had such good experiences with the nursing staff at Mount Sinai and liked her doctor. 

I was planning on delivering there as well but I ended up high risk so I had to change OBs.  He happen to be affiliated with Cornell - so I ended up there but I would have no qualms about delivering at Mount Sinai. 

I was also born at Mount Sinai - and I turned out ok :)

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Loading the player...
  • I am delivering there too and would love to hear more.
  • I delivered at Mt. Sinai in early March and had a positive experience.  The nurses, doctors, and staff were great.  I was unexpectedly induced at 39 weeks for medical reasons, and for awhile it was touch and go as to whether it would be safer for the baby to have a c-section.  The doctors and nurses were really great at keeping us informed and answering all of our questions, and in the end they decided was OK to try for a vaginal birth (didn't push us one way or another).  Given the situation, it couldn't have gone smoother!   We opted to pay extra for a private room, something I strongly recommend if you can swing it financially.  My DH took care of the room arrangements (can request one until the baby is born), but apparently some of the maternity floors are better than others (newly renovated).  We went for the cheapest private room on the renovated floor (more expensive than the non-renovated floor), and it was very comfortable for the two night stay.  The nursing staff on the maternity floor was wonderful!  They offer breastfeeding classes every morning if you are interested.  You can also arrange for the lactation consultant to come to your room for one on one help.   

All in all, I had a pleasant experience and would deliver at Mt. Sinai again.  Hope this helps!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a positive experience when I had my first child.  The staff was very helpful especially since I had a C-section.  They made my stay as comfortable as possible.  The food isn't all that great but what hospital food is.  I'm going to have my second child there.  I haven't taken advantage of their classes with my first and second time.  Definitely, try to do the tour.  I was on the floor with the renovated rooms. Its the best. If you can spend the extra money for a private room, I recommended it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"