Trying to Get Pregnant

Is it semen or EWCM?

I can't find a definitive way to tell the difference. I googled & one website said to try it in water, and it would either clump & sink, or dissolve.  Well, it clumped together but did not sink, and kept trying to stick to the side of the cup.  I am assuming its EWCM, but hate to assume so figured I would ask the experts!  I don't want to think its one thing and have it be another & then I totally have no idea whats going on! TIA

Re: Is it semen or EWCM?

• salt78salt78 member
    Semen is not nearly as stretchy as EWCM and breaks a lot more easily.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • KimyataKimyata member

imageButrfli779:
    I can't find a definitive way to tell the difference. I googled & one website said to try it in water, and it would either clump & sink, or dissolve.  Well, it clumped together but did not sink, and kept trying to stick to the side of the cup.  I am assuming its EWCM, but hate to assume so figured I would ask the experts!  I don't want to think its one thing and have it be another & then I totally have no idea whats going on! TIA

OMG ...I was going to post a similar question.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers For I can do all things through Christ, Who strengthens ME.
  • Loading the player...
  • Bubs101Bubs101 member
    If it stays on top of the toilet paper, it's EWCM. If it absorbs into the toilet paper, it's semen. :)
  • imageBubs101:
    If it stays on top of the toilet paper, it's EWCM. If it absorbs into the toilet paper, it's semen. :)

This. At least this is what I read in TCOYF.

imageimage
    Me: 30, DH: 33 Married 8/3/08
    BFP 7/16/2012 (8th cycle), EDD 3/27/2012, Delivered 3/24/2013 - IT'S A BOY!
  • imageKimyata:

imageButrfli779:

OMG ...I was going to post a similar question.

Oh thank goodness! I was worried it might be flame worthy but I did really try to look for answers...

• imageTheAnne:
    smell it Embarrassed

Or that :)

Seriously, this is one of those things I don't even begin to sort out. I don't check my Cm until at least 12 hours after sex.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"