D.C. Area Babies

AW: My baby girl is here! (PIPs)

She was born on Monday, May 16, 2011 at 2:59pm weighing 7lbs 10.6oz and 22 inches long.

DD#1 is doing amazingly well with the addition so far. She wants to hold her, feed her, and kiss her. When she wakes up in the morning, she says "I want to see the baby." When the baby cries, she goes to get her lovey to give it to the baby. It really hasn't phased her much. However, we have a bit of a buffer since DD#1 goes to daycare each day and also gets tons of attention from her grandparents so I think that helps her not feel like she's on the backburner.image

I had a c-section at Holy Cross and everything went smoothly. I must say that I love that hospital and every single person that I encountered gave top notch care. The nurses that took care of me were amazing. Recovering from the c-section the first few days was rough and accompanied by a few crying meltdowns. However, I found that the postpartum support band helps tremendously with the recovery because it feels like it's holding your mid-section together. So for anyone having a c-section, please do yourself a favor and get a postpartum support band. Oh, and the other random idea I had was to tie a rope to the footboard of the bed. I keep it parallel to me in the bed and use it to help raise and lower myself in and out of bed (I don't co-sleep with the baby). It helps so much.

Some of you may remember my post about not drinking water after midnight the day before the surgery. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought. I just didn't do anything in the morning before we left so I wouldn't get as thirsty. Also, the nurse told me that late-day c-sections sometimes tend to recover faster since it's been longer since you had food in your system. When I had my emergency c-section, I had throwing up after the procedure (because I drank water during labor) but this time, I didn't have near as much nausea. So, maybe it was a good thing.

We came home on Thursday and I have been feeling progressively better everyday. Having a newborn this time around is 10 times easier (at least so far). I feel much more confident as a mom and in my ability to make decisions. For example, I am choosing to supplement with formula at night because my supply is low at night. It has been so much better as far as her sleeping and me getting rest. I feel much more human and I have no guilt about it. In general, I think having the second child is much more freeing and that I don't feel so much confusion as a new mom in terms of decision making.

So, anyway, that's my little update. I look forward to enjoying the coming weeks with her. I'll probably still be asking you all some questions along the way.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: AW: My baby girl is here! (PIPs)

• Congratulations! She's so cute and she looks so peaceful :-) Glad to hear the transition to two is going easily and recovery is easier this time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• congratulations, what a cutie!! So glad to hear things are going well. That's a tall baby! I hope your recovery continues to go well.

• Loading the player...
  • Congratulations!!  So glad to hear that everything has gone well--she is beautiful!
  • Congratulations! I'm so glad you had a smooth transition to being a family of four. Will you share DD2's name?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats!  She is so precious & the picture of both your girls is adorable, DD#1 looks like a proud big sister!

That is awesome to hear that your recovery from the cs is going well & that you feel so much more confident with DD#2.  We are starting to think about TTC #2 and I often wonder how life will be and how the recovery will go (I had a cs too w/ DS & will likely have another).  

I wish you & your family all the best!  Take care! Smile

• Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations!!

She is a little beauty!

Off to the beach

DS 7/18/2010
    Handy 2.0 Due Early August

2011/2012 Races
    12/17/2011 Christmas Caper 10K
    2/11/2012 Have a Heart 5K
    3/17/2012 DC RNR Half Marathon
    4/22/2012 10M Parkway Classic
    10/28/2012 Marine Corps Marathon
  • Congratulations!! LOVE the photos!!!!
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • So precious! Congratulations.
  • Congratulations! She's beautiful!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Congratulations!!
  • Congratulations! She is a cutie, and I'm glad to hear DD1 is taking to her so well!
  • Congrats!  Your little ones are precious and she's beautiful!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageDCtoLowcountry:
    Congratulations! I'm so glad you had a smooth transition to being a family of four. Will you share DD2's name?

I just sent you a PM. I would like to share it on here but I wish when I created my account that I didn't use my real first name which is why I don't share the kid's names. Maybe one day I'll get a new screen name but I don't like the idea of losing my post count.

• imagegoteami6:

Congrats!  She is so precious & the picture of both your girls is adorable, DD#1 looks like a proud big sister!

That is awesome to hear that your recovery from the cs is going well & that you feel so much more confident with DD#2.  We are starting to think about TTC #2 and I often wonder how life will be and how the recovery will go (I had a cs too w/ DS & will likely have another).  

I wish you & your family all the best!  Take care! Smile

Yes, it is easier (so far). The day before DD#2 was born, DH's sister was telling us how hard it was going to be, and giving us all of these dire warnings, etc. etc. etc. I know that she's only been home for a week and that time will tell what life will be like. However, it's just a very different experience this time around. With that being said, I don't know if you are SAHM but I can only imagine that it would be tough to watch a 2 year old and manage a newborn. However, in my case, DD#1 goes to daycare and DH works from home so I know that I have it easier than some.

If you do end up having to have another CS, I highly recommend getting one of the postpartum support bands similar to this. I cannot even explain what a tremendous difference it makes. The doc helped me put it on the 3rd day I was in the hospital and it helps so much. I haven't taken it off since except to shower.

• QueSrahQueSrah member
    Congratulations - she's beautiful!!
    imageimageimage
  • Congratulations! She is beautiful and I love the photo with your other little one!!
  • Congrats, she's beautiful! And she shares my b-day. Smile
  • AW! She's just beautiful! Congratulations!
    Photobucket
  • JKM416JKM416 member
    imagevtkendra:

We came home on Thursday and I have been feeling progressively better everyday. Having a newborn this time around is 10 times easier (at least so far). I feel much more confident as a mom and in my ability to make decisions...In general, I think having the second child is much more freeing and that I don't feel so much confusion as a new mom in terms of decision making.

A tall girl!  Glad all went well and DD1 is handling it well so far.  Mine had no trouble at all welcoming her brother, so it's definitely possible to have a smooth transition.

I definitely agree about it being easier, mentally and emotionally, with the second one.  Logistics get trickier with two kids, but you're already used to prioritizing (and some scrambling) and meeting the needs of a little one, so it's not a major adjustment in that way.  Happy that you're feeling good about everything so far!

• slukd79slukd79 member
    Congrats! Both of your girls are beautiful.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations! So glad all is going well - and I really liked the part where you said you felt more confident in your decisions with #2, and with yourself as a mom - I'm hoping I have that same feeling whenever we get a #2!
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations!!!
  • She is beautiful.  Congratulations!
  • yay congrats!!!!!
  • mcatmaymcatmay member
    Such awesome pictures! Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl and one DD#1 handling it so well!
                                             Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • Congrats on the beautiful addition to your family!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Congrats!! Been wondering about you!! Our LOs have the same birthday. :) She is just beautiful. Glad your recovery is going well...I don't know about you but I am having a much harder time physically recovering than I did with #1. Guess I should get that support band stat!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Congrats!  She is adorable and I love the pic with DD.  Glad she is adjusting well too.
  • congratulations!  she is gorgeous and i really appreciate you sharing your story.  i am nervous about my 2nd (which will be a c-section) and how DS#1 will handle it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • OH, she's beautiful!  Congratulations!
  • She's beautiful! Congratulations!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Late congrats! She is adorable and I'm glad to hear you are recovering well.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congratulations! What a beautiful family.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats! She is beautiful and I'm glad that DD #1 is so helpful!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"