Philadelphia Babies

need dr, pedi, hair salon...pretty much everything in Ardmore!

Hi girls - We're moving from CC to Ardmore next month and I'm looking for just about everything --- a new family doctor, pediatrican, gyno, hair salon, daycare, etc. I posted about daycare/preschool below and got some responses.

If anyone lives in this area or close by, can you recommend some things to us? I've heard good things about Salon True but that's all I know about Ardmore.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: need dr, pedi, hair salon...pretty much everything in Ardmore!

• I have heard really good things about Kid's First Haverford and Dr. Weiser for pediatricians near Ardmore.  My gyno is Dr. Heinzel in Lawrence Park in Broomall- about 10 minutes from Ardmore.  LOVE him and all the people in the practice.  They are part of Main Line Health and Lankenau Hospital.  I get my hair done in Bala Cynwyd- like 10-15 from Ardmore and can send you info if needed.  OMG salon in Gladwyne- pretty close to Ardmore is supposed to be great for hair as is Raya Coiffure in Haverford.  For the best in waxing- nobody is better than Natasha at Natasha's in Wynnewood.  I will ask my friends that live in Ardmore area for more pediatrician rec's.  I did not get much on daycare since many of them are SAHM's.
  • Thanks!! I can always keep my OBGYN in center city (b/c I work here) but I may want to switch b/c it'd be nice to have a doctor (and hospital) close to our new house. Was Jack in the NICU at Lankenau? I want to make sure I'm in a hospital w/ a good NICU if and when we have kids again.

I'll check out the other stuff you suggested too...I appreciate it!

• Loading the player...
  • I get my hair cut at Salon A by Nicole, love it there. Good mani/pedis at Charming Nails. I see Dr. Krell at Main Line OBGYN in their Wayne office. They deliver exclusively at Paoli (great maternity ward).
  • Hey E!  We use CHOP Care at Haverford for our pedi and love them.  I use Women for Women in Lankenau Hospital for OB.  I was only there once but liked them.

My hair stylist is Natalie at Salon Bellissima in Springfield - LOVE her

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Thanks everyone!! I'm keeping a spreadsheet of all of these places and I'm calling them over the next few weeks. :)

CHOP Care at Haverford is only a few blocks from our house so I think that'll be our first choice. We want to be in the CHOP system b/c Oliver has a lot of appts there for his hearing.
  • Yes, Jack was in Lankenau NICU for 71 days and I cannot say enough wonderful things about it. It is a level 3 facility.  Only thing is that for some surgeries they had to send babies to CHOP, Thomas Jefferson or Bryn Mawr.  He was also in Bryn Mawr NICU for 3 additional days as they had to move him there for a surgery.  The Lankenau NICU was far superior- larger, brand new and they have pods set up vs one big room.  I think the CHOP care Haverford is the one I heard amazing things about.  I really loved my ob/gyns and I got to know them real well when I was on 26 days of hospital bedrest myself and one of them visited me daily.

Also, so you know, Bryn Mawr Hospital is the closest hospital with a pediatrics wing.  When we have had our two emergencies so far, our ped has suggested we either take Jack to CHOP or BM emergency rooms.  We have gone to both, and while CHOP is definitely better, Bryn Mawr is an amazing alternative for a real emergency when you do not have time to get to CHOP.  Bryn Mawr pediatrics is run my Dupont Childrens Hospital.

• imageiristony:

Yes, Jack was in Lankenau NICU for 71 days and I cannot say enough wonderful things about it. It is a level 3 facility.  Only thing is that for some surgeries they had to send babies to CHOP, Thomas Jefferson or Bryn Mawr.  He was also in Bryn Mawr NICU for 3 additional days as they had to move him there for a surgery.  The Lankenau NICU was far superior- larger, brand new and they have pods set up vs one big room.  I think the CHOP care Haverford is the one I heard amazing things about.  I really loved my ob/gyns and I got to know them real well when I was on 26 days of hospital bedrest myself and one of them visited me daily.

Also, so you know, Bryn Mawr Hospital is the closest hospital with a pediatrics wing.  When we have had our two emergencies so far, our ped has suggested we either take Jack to CHOP or BM emergency rooms.  We have gone to both, and while CHOP is definitely better, Bryn Mawr is an amazing alternative for a real emergency when you do not have time to get to CHOP.  Bryn Mawr pediatrics is run my Dupont Childrens Hospital.

This is all good to know. I was hesitant about potentially delivering the next baby anywhere but Pennsy (it's also a level 3 NICU and Oliver would have needed to be flown to a level 3 if we weren't already at one...you never think about this stuff when you're pregnant!).

After I started this thread, I talked to a pediatrician friend of mine who is pregnant and delivering at Lankenau --- she did a ton of research and even toured the different NICUs before making a decision. I'm pretty confident now! Thanks!

• imageeaglesfan700:

My hair stylist is Natalie at Salon Bellissima in Springfield - LOVE her

That's where I go!  I see Nicolette though, I love it there.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ped: I am taking my daughter to Dr. Weiser in Wynnewood.  Many, many people recommended the practice and I like them (even though I have only seen them 3 times while in the hospital after delivery and once outside).

Hair:  I go to Jay Michael in Suburban Square.  They are awesome!

Nails:  I go to Coco Blue in Ardmore on Lancaster.  Love them! 

Dr.  I go to the Silver, Nansteel, Bullock, etc practice in Wynnewood.

• imagemldsmile:

Ped: I am taking my daughter to Dr. Weiser in Wynnewood.  Many, many people recommended the practice and I like them (even though I have only seen them 3 times while in the hospital after delivery and once outside).

Hair:  I go to Jay Michael in Suburban Square.  They are awesome!

Nails:  I go to Coco Blue in Ardmore on Lancaster.  Love them! 

Dr.  I go to the Silver, Nansteel, Bullock, etc practice in Wynnewood.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"