Postpartum Depression
Options

Does it have to be about baby?

Please let me introduce myself, I'm a relatively new mom just over 3 weeks and really love being a mom.  It's everything I dreamed it would be even during the difficult times (ex: breastfeeding challenges, many diapers etc).  One thing I didn't think would be an issue was my relationship with DH.  Maybe its in my head but I'm overly concerned about how LO will impact our relationship.  At first DH was nervous about holding her, changing diapers etc but he has dealt with the fear so he has become more helpful and I have become less resentful of feeling like I'm doing it all.  Though during wee hour feedings we seem to be at each other's throat, especially when LO does that dreadful screaming that doesn't seem to end (and we're deciding on what to do does LO need a diaper change, is she hungry etc).  I understand that when under stress we say things we don't necessarily mean but I take some of the criticism personally and it's hard to shake.  DH says I'm being silly (I mentioned to him that I don't want our tiffs to lead to bigger problems, like a divorce) he says that he's sorry for the disagreement but he sees it more of with us learning the ropes, not experienced parents yet and that everytthing is fine and that I need to give myself a break (I guess I'm my own worse enemy) but I'm still worried.  Is this normal?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
Trying to Conceive Ticker image

Re: Does it have to be about baby?

• Options
    You'll get there.  We wanted to kill each other at first but finally found a system so that one of us gets a full nights sleep or at least a few hours to nap the next day.
  • Options
    I'm not going to say your DH's right, because they're never right (LOL), but I think that this is totally normal. The first few weeks are so, so hard. No one can prepare you for how difficult that time is. If you are bonding with your baby, still able to enjoy the things you always have, and you see a light at the end of the tunnel, everything will work out with time. And as pp said you'll figure out a system that works for your family and it will make all the difference. I'm not a doctor, but you don't sound depressed, you sound like a totally normal new mom! Take care!
    PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"