Houston Babies
Options

The Official Brag Post

Because it's dead in here.  Post a picture or brag about how funny/cute/smart your kid is.   Big Smile 
My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
Hipster dog is not impressed.

Re: The Official Brag Post

• Options
    Suzi-G-Suzi-G- member

***crickets***

Well then, I'll go first.  Stick out tongue  

Cooper's language is just exploding.  He's got over 20 words that I've counted, I'm sure there are probably some others.  He'll parrot all sorts of things but I only count the ones he uses intentionally.  I handed him his milk cup this morning, he drank and said "Mmmmmm, cold!"  It cracked me up.   

We took this video of him playing in the kiddie pool in the backyard.  He's just randomly splashing and dumping cups of water on himself and yelling nonsense, then suddenly he stops, looks at the camera and says something that sounds SO much like "Let's get drunk!"  It's obviously just a random babble that came out sounding like that, but OMG we play it over and over and die laughing.  I fully expect it will be played at his wedding some day.   Big Smile

• Options
    hendy02hendy02 member

LOL  that's hilarious  :)

DD is just about the happiest baby ever.  she has a smile on her face constantly and is just the sweetest thing.  she's 8 months now and is almost crawling and pulling herself up on things, loves to sing and talk, loves our dog and cats, wants to read all the time.  i of course think she is a genius, but i'm sure all moms do  :)  we're having a great time with her, even on days like today when she refuses to nap  (just went down at 4, whew!).

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Helen really started smiling last week and it just melts my heart. :)

Also, she's HUGE. She was almost 15 lbs at her 8 week appointment. I'm EBFing, so I doubt that I'm overfeeding her. I guess she's just a hungry little thing!  

Mother's Day pic:

DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • Options

Joshua is learning to spell and read.  Crazyness!

Gabriel is so affectionate with babies! He hhas woken up dry the past 4 nights.

Elijah is only getting up once a night.  Momma is happy. He started rolling over.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Now that Mathis is "officially 2 years old" Truitt is so excited to teach him non-baby things. He'll stop whatever he is doing if Mathis seems frustrated and say 
    "here Mathis, let me help you." It's so cute!

Both boys are so affectionate and sweet. Mathis has started saying "love you." Talk about heart melting. 
  • Options

DS is constantly jibber jabbering - and we can make out most things.  It's cool to actually communicate with your kid instead of just talking AT him!  lol.  He is also very active and go, go, go.  It will be interesting to see the personality of the new baby and compare and contrast.  When DS was a baby, I always talked about how "chill" he was and laid back.  Now, I see him as always needing to do something!  He has the most gorgeous green eyes right now, and I hope he keeps them!

ETA:  I am loving all of the new siggies!  too cute!

• Options

Addie is all about reading right now. She came to me the other night, when she was supposed to be going to bed. She said something was wrong with her book, it had all these letters but she didn't know what they said.  (her most creative excuse for getting out of bed). So we've been sounding out everything wherever we go. The other day she read her first sentence and I was so proud.

She also had her first dance recital. For about 1/3 of the song she just stood there bobbing her knees and giving this crazy grimace/smile, but she was so cute who cares? As long as she has fun and wants to do it I'll watch her.

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Sean gives kisses and is talking. He carries around Elmo and is so affectionate to him.

Lucas finishes his first year of school (PK3). He has grown so tall. He is kind and loving to his brother.

They were in the shopping cart together at CostCo. Sean laid his head on Lucas's shoulder, and then Lucas patted Sean's head. So sweet. 

• Options

so Eliza is crawling full force now, so awesome.  But she's lazy and cries the whole time when she's doing it because she just wants you to pick her up.  It's hysterical (and annoying.)

She's still super tiny - only 15.5 lbs this morning, but she's gaining weight now, so that's good.  We give her tons of prunes and have cut out oatmeal/rice from her solids and that seems to have eliminated most of our problems.  She's quickly jumped from one to two meals a day and we're going to add breakfast in soon.  She can also self feed puffs and starts doing this crazy jump dance when she sees us get the container out.

Marion is growing up so big, so quick, sometimes it's almost heartbreaking.  She loves her sister more than I ever imagined she would and it's just so amazing to see her be a big sister.

I love having one on one time with my big girl now - it feels like such a treat for both of us and I just don't get to do it nearly enough.

• Options

William loves to sing songs to Ryan before naps and bedtime. He always sings "You Are My Sunshine" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." Last night, Ryan was on the floor of his room, looking up as his big brother sang to him, and William laid his head down gently on Ryan's chest, singing the whole time. Thankfully we had the video camera out and were able to capture it all.

This morning, Ryan was in his bouncer, and William again got right up to his chest and kept saying, "Hi Ryan" in this super high, sweet voice (I guess that's what I sound like!). Ryan was laughing when William was laying on him, and it was the cutest thing. Their interactions are so precious.

Ryan just learned how to roll back to belly. I saw him do it on the video monitor yesterday, but it wasn't officially going in the baby book until I saw it in person today. I was so proud! He is trying very hard to sit up for more than a few seconds at a time. Perhaps all of this explains how his crappy sleep has gotten even crappier over the last few days. :) Good thing he is the sweetest, most good-natured baby ever. He goes for his six-month check-up tomorrow, and I look forward to seeing how his size compares with William's at the same age.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was so worried that BFing wouldn't work out well for me, especially when I didn't get to hold Georgia for an hour after she was born (due to my stitches and her going into distress when being born) and missed that initial bonding time that all the books say is essential.

But when they brought her to me, she opened wide and latched right on right away.  She has been eating like a little piglet ever since.  I'm so proud of her! = )

• Options
    imagepook:

I was so worried that BFing wouldn't work out well for me, especially when I didn't get to hold Georgia for an hour after she was born (due to my stitches and her going into distress when being born) and missed that initial bonding time that all the books say is essential.

But when they brought her to me, she opened wide and latched right on right away.  She has been eating like a little piglet ever since.  I'm so proud of her! = )

I hate that books etc. make you feel guilty from the get go.  I didn't get to hold either DS for a few hours due to having a c/s and it didn't hurt BF at all.  Glad it is going well for you!

Both boys are doing well.  DS1 is learning so much everyday he now sings the entire alphabet and loves to sing so many other songs.  It is so cute!  He is also taking swim lessons with DH and doing great.  He has no fear and loves to go under the water. DS2 is growing fast.  He is smiling more but is still a pretty serious baby.  He is starting to sleep long stretches (knock on wood!)  DS1 is so sweet to his baby brother like the poster above he will talk to him in a high pitched voice.  Can't wait until they can interact more with each other.

• Options

I'll brag on finally being able to take both girls to the public pool by myself this summer, without floaties or life jackets.  What a huge milestone!  It's been a long time coming.

Sarah's reading has exploded in the last couple of months.  She's sounding out words left and right and trying to read every sign she sees.  I love listening to her, and watching her study her books and other learning materials she brings home from school.

Elizabeth conquered her potty training regression and we're back in business.  She's becoming such a little girl.  I love listening to her talk and play with her big sister.  They are opposites but so compatible.

• Options
    Suzi-G-Suzi-G- member
    imageRed_Dahlia:

Also, she's HUGE. She was almost 15 lbs at her 8 week appointment. I'm EBFing, so I doubt that I'm overfeeding her. I guess she's just a hungry little thing!  

Cooper was like that, he was born right at the 50% on all measurements but by his 2 month appt he was 95% on everything and EBF.  You're not overfeeding her, some people just make richer milk than others.  Our running joke was that I actually make Haagen Dazs not milk.  ;) 

Once he started walking w/ a push toy at 9 months he was go-go-go all the time and has since slimmed down to just above average weight, but he's still on the tall side. 

• Options

I was amazed as C read us Brown Bear, Brown Bear from memorization last night. She can count to 10 and identify a lot of letters.  This morning O was trying to get away from her and she kept following him saying, "Wait!  Love you, 'Rion!" 

O is an amazing big brother.   He's so protective and helpful to me when it comes to minimizing the terrible two tantrums.  He just completed his first season of t-ball and will start soccer in the fall. He can write his own name now.  

• Options

Evan loves books and has started flipping thorugh them and saying the name of the pictures on the page. His favorite is a book of animals. He also knows the word "touch" and asks to touch things. Or if he knows he isn't allowed to touch somethign he will say "touch" and shake his head.

Yesterday he started pulling his little wagon around the house while running and giggling. Then he got tired of pulling it, so he picked it up and started to carry it. It was hilarious.

I just can't over how he seems to change so fast.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options

Samantha is talking up a storm.  So many things she says totally blow my mind.  She's the most polite lil 18month old! lol  She says thank you and please and excuse me.  It's so cute!  She's also a climber.  Several times she's been playing and quiet and I will find her on top of of the kitchen table... When I walk in with my "what are you doing!?" freak out, she says "TADADADA!" (ta-da! lol)

Kaitlyn is finishing up pre-k this week.  She's sassy and demanding and a ball of fire.  She had her last soccer game last week She was so proud of her trophy. lol 

Micaela is graduating 5th grade and doing 100% better.  Yay!

~*~Jenn~*~
  • Options
    imageKKMMex:

I'll brag on finally being able to take both girls to the public pool by myself this summer, without floaties or life jackets.  What a huge milestone!  It's been a long time coming. 

sooooooooooo jealous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"