Childless not by choice
Options

Sooooo....what's popping today ladies?

Another boring Tuesday...not much on my plate today work wise.  Anyone have fun plans for Memorial Day weekend?
"Ainsi sera, groigne qui groinge"

Re: Sooooo....what's popping today ladies?

• Options
    Nothing for the weekend, but I am going to Chicago with DH and my best friend tomorrow for 2 days and 1 night :) Just a quick, mini vacation, but it should be a ton of fun!
    Rosie born August 29, 2013. Blessed by adoption!
  • Options

imageOtterama:
    Nothing for the weekend, but I am going to Chicago with DH and my best friend tomorrow for 2 days and 1 night :) Just a quick, mini vacation, but it should be a ton of fun!

I love mini trips!  Two of my sister in laws live in NYC and since I am in the Philly area, it's easy to go visit.  A change of scenery is always a good thing!

BTW, I must be a total idiot because I actually was scratching at my screen trying to catch the "bug" in your siggy. Embarrassed  Very convincing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBitterWretchedWoman:

I love mini trips!  Two of my sister in laws live in NYC and since I am in the Philly area, it's easy to go visit.  A change of scenery is always a good thing!

BTW, I must be a total idiot because I actually was scratching at my screen trying to catch the "bug" in your siggy. Embarrassed  Very convincing.

Haha, I get people with that all the time! Too funny :)

And yeah, I love, love, love mini vacations! I'm doing another weekend trip in July. That one is a very special retreat with women who have my particular infertility issues. It's so amazing and good for the soul.

Rosie born August 29, 2013. Blessed by adoption!
  • Options
    No real plans other than avoiding a family event.  The really weird aunt and uncle on my dad's side are having a graduation party for their daughter, but I told them we already have plans and wouldn't be able to attend.  I suppose I should come up with some actual plans so it isn't such a lie.
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Options
    imageKristysRedBarn:
    No real plans other than avoiding a family event.  The really weird aunt and uncle on my dad's side are having a graduation party for their daughter, but I told them we already have plans and wouldn't be able to attend.  I suppose I should come up with some actual plans so it isn't such a lie.
    Ugh, those parties are the worst. They're usually just gift grabs anyway. We have to go to a friend's BBQ this weekend and they have a 1 year old. So it will be all about the baby. She knows about my issues, but I know every convo will revolve around the baby.
  • Options
    I'll be working (well, Saturday and Monday at least). At least it's a good job (piano teacher). :)
  • Options
    I'm going camping and I really shod be cleaning out my car and going to get an oil change so I can pack it up and leave in the morning but instead I'm sitting jere watching doctor who.
    Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • Options

imagesulfababy:
    I'll be working (well, Saturday and Monday at least). At least it's a good job (piano teacher). :)

Once upon a time, I was going to be a voice teacher!  We always talk about me going back to it a little bit, but my piano skills are so diminished at this point, I don't know if I could even play a scale for someone, let alone actually accompany them.

I would love to buy a piano, and start practicing again, but the house we live in now, I don't know where we would put it.

• Options

imageMandyBrownNoser:
    I'm going camping and I really shod be cleaning out my car and going to get an oil change so I can pack it up and leave in the morning but instead I'm sitting jere watching doctor who.

Old Dr. Who or new Dr. Who?  I watched the new one a little bit when we still had BBC America.  For whatever reason, Comcast took that out of our current cable package. 

• Options
    Today, I'm trying to get as much work as I can done.

Being here is not helping, I know. But it's therapeutic (or that's what I tell myself!)

I've got no plans for the weekend yet. But I will surely figure something out. It's a rare long weekend for us!!!

• Options

DH is in Vegas until the 9th, so, I get to fly solo to his sister's final ballet recital. I do enjoy watching the performances! SIL is very talented and so graceful.

I will also, one way or another, be eating as many hotdogs and hamburgers as I can.  =]

• Options
    imagemmariluh:
    Today, I'm trying to get as much work as I can done.

Being here is not helping, I know. But it's therapeutic (or that's what I tell myself!)

I've got no plans for the weekend yet. But I will surely figure something out. It's a rare long weekend for us!!!

Sometimes the best weekends are the ones with no plans!!! 

• Options
    imageDKC1308:

DH is in Vegas until the 9th, so, I get to fly solo to his sister's final ballet recital. I do enjoy watching the performances! SIL is very talented and so graceful.

I will also, one way or another, be eating as many hotdogs and hamburgers as I can.  =]

My SIL is a dancer too!  I've only seen her perform a couple times.  She was a teacher in an aerial school for awhile...those were really cool recitals.  She is getting a master's in child psychology now since she enjoyed working with kids while she was teaching dance, so we don't see her perform anymore.

• Options

imagesulfababy:

Once upon a time, I was going to be a voice teacher!  We always talk about me going back to it a little bit, but my piano skills are so diminished at this point, I don't know if I could even play a scale for someone, let alone actually accompany them.

I would love to buy a piano, and start practicing again, but the house we live in now, I don't know where we would put it.

Sweet! More musical people on the board. :) I say DO IT! I actually teach on a digital piano in our apartment. My last voice teacher was a terrible pianist but still a good teacher. :) In college we had to provide our own accompanists to our voice lessons though I know that's not realistic for non-college students. 

• Options
    imagesulfababy:

imagesulfababy:

Sweet! More musical people on the board. :) I say DO IT! I actually teach on a digital piano in our apartment. My last voice teacher was a terrible pianist but still a good teacher. :) In college we had to provide our own accompanists to our voice lessons though I know that's not realistic for non-college students. 

Sulfa, I was thinking about investigating some keyboards.  I think it would be a nice present to myself (since I'm child free and all Wink) and could be a good investment if I could establish a small private vocal studio.  I was also thinking about going back and taking some voice lessons for myself!  I miss being coached.

Lol, I was just remembering my father's reaction when I told them I needed money for a professional accompanist in college.  They wouldn't even let us use other students.  "What the f*ck are we paying for exactly?" I think is what was said when I explained it wasn't covered by tuition.

• Options

haha ooh that's rough! I put myself through college by accompanying voice lessons. :D And when I took voice lessons, I exchanged accompanying services with another fellow pianist/singer.

You're going to laugh, but there are actually some decent Casios on the market right now! Unless you want to get all fancy schmancy. I have a Yamaha Clavinova that my MIL *gave* to me (so sweet) and while it'll never be "the real thing" to me, it's better than a lot of acoustic uprights I've had to wrestle with! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"