Infertility
Options

Beta #2 didn't quite double

We only put one embie back in and while I know there isn't necessarily a coorealation between beta numbers and the numbers of babies, I'm hanging on to idea that I only have one in here and that is why I may be slower to rise.

10dp3dt = 42.8 (dr. wants it at 40 or above)

12dp3dt (roughly 47 hours after 1st beta) = 78 (should've doubled beta 1)

My next beta will be on Thursday (14dp3dt)

I'm just really disappointed I didn't see a higher number today, but I guess hopeful that I'm pretty close to the doubling number at 47 hours past first beta.

Are hcg levels supposed to double every 24-48 hours or 48-72? My nurse said "I wouldn't lose any sleep over this" but of course I'm freaking out.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Beta #2 didn't quite double

• Options

I wish I had some experience that would help ease your mind about these numbers. Praying that you get good news on Thursday!!

June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
    b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
    IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
    b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
    Homestudy 7/19/2011
    IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
    We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
    IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    From what I've seen and heard on here, all RE's have a little difference in opinion when it comes to "doubling", so if your nurse says not to worry, I would do my best and TRY not to (I would anyway, but that's just what IF has done to all of us).  Good luck and sending lots of rising vibes for a great number on Thursday!

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DS MENT

it almost doubled.  and my RE goes by 48-72.  it's never 24 hours (although some do double in that timeframe but it doesnt really mean anything).  the standard is 48 hours.  but when i went to my RE and did research, i learned that up to 72 hours is "okay". 

when i got pregnant with my son (on clomid) 3 years ago, first beta was 120 at 13 dpo then the second beta was 438 at 17 dpo.  NOT a double.  i was freaking out. then 19dpo it was 881 so it doubled. 

• Options
    Sending you tons of T&Ps for Thursday!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lisa07Lisa07 member
    Thanks All!
  • Options

I think that's really close to doubling!  Good luck for a super beta 3.

IVF #3 = Feb 2012
    beta#1 3/21 (14dp3dt)=413, beta#2 3/23 (16dp3dt)=785, u/s 4/11
    EDD 11/25/12
    **SAIFW** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How stresful!! I'm crossing my fingers for you!!! Keep us posted!!
  • Options
    jfly2jfly2 member

Try not to worry as much as possible.  I'm hoping you get great beta news on Thursday. 

FWIW, my RE's office doesn't even do first betas until 13dp3dt or 11dp5dt and they ideally look for the beta to be at least 100 on that day.  If it's under 100, you do another beta two days later.  If it's over 100, they don't even do a second beta and just schedule you for an ultrasound sometime between 5 and 6 weeks.  They do it that way based on some studies that correlated success rates with initial betas at 16 days past retrieval, and the fact that they feel the stress that repeated betas can cause isn't good for the pregnancy, especially betas that don't initially double, but ultimately turn into healthy pregnancies. 

Me: 43, AMA, DOR, lining issues  DH: low morphology
    TTC since 2008 
    4 IUIs and 5 OE IVFs= 1 c/p, 1 cornual ectopic, 1 m/c at 9w4d
    Moved on to DE in 2012: DE FETs #1-3= BFN, DE FET #4 12/14= BFP

• Options
    Lisa07Lisa07 member
    imagejfly2:

Try not to worry as much as possible.  I'm hoping you get great beta news on Thursday. 

FWIW, my RE's office doesn't even do first betas until 13dp3dt or 11dp5dt and they ideally look for the beta to be at least 100 on that day.  If it's under 100, you do another beta two days later.  If it's over 100, they don't even do a second beta and just schedule you for an ultrasound sometime between 5 and 6 weeks.  They do it that way based on some studies that correlated success rates with initial betas at 16 days past retrieval, and the fact that they feel the stress that repeated betas can cause isn't good for the pregnancy, especially betas that don't initially double, but ultimately turn into healthy pregnancies. 

Based on what your RE's office does I think I'd be OK. It's so hard not to stress. Thanks much for the info!

• Options
    I hope you get great news on Thursday, hon.  Lots of sticky vibes your way!
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Options

imagebfarrell:
    From what I've seen and heard on here, all RE's have a little difference in opinion when it comes to "doubling", so if your nurse says not to worry, I would do my best and TRY not to (I would anyway, but that's just what IF has done to all of us).  Good luck and sending lots of rising vibes for a great number on Thursday!

This exactly!  I can't wait to hear about a GREAT number on Thursday.

TTC since 11/09
    Two C/P and Lots of Tests
    Me = LPD + cancer survivor, DH = low count and morphology
    IUIs #1-5, January 2011 - June 2011 = BFN
    IVF #1 in July/August 2011 = BFP!!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
  • Options
    Agree with pp's, it varies....your # IS going up so just try to stay focused on that, even though I know that's impossible.  ((hugs))
    TTC since 11/2009
    11/2010 DH SA good...01/2011 HSG is clear...01/2011 Consult with RE
    suprise BFP but m/c on 2/7/11
    03/2011 50 mg clomid=BFN
    04/2011 clomid+bromocriptine+IUI=BFP at 11dpiui
    Beta #1(11dpiui)=33, Beta #2 (13dpiui)=96, Beta #3 (20dpiui)=1910, Beta #4 (26dpiui)=20,134
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think the PP have all said it so well so I just wanted to say good luck and I am sending you tons of beta raising vibes! T&P!

***SAIF & PAIF Welcome***

TTC since November 2008; me - poor egg quality,hypothyroidism,missing beta 3 integrin;
    DH - some MFI;

1 month clomid plus timing - BFN;
    3 months clomid + IUI - BFN BFN BFN

IVF #1 Nov/Dec 2009 - BFP - c/p;
    IVF #2.1 Jan 2011 - Converted to IUI - BFN;
    IVF #2.2 March/April 2011 - ER 3/23/11: 12 retrieved, 8 mature, 3 fert-ET 3dt 3/26/11: 3 embies - BFN;
    IVF #3 May 2011 - ER 5/19/11: 20 retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fert-ET 5dt 5/24/11 3 embies - BFN;
    Switched RE's for IVF #4 (CCRM) Oct 2011 - Surprise BFP before starting IVF #4!
  • Options
    I've done major research on beta's the past day :)  85% of normal pregnancies double in 48-72 hours. There's another 15% out there that are normal preg that did not double in that time frame. :)  Good luck at your second beta hun!
  • Options
    My RE says every it needs to rise at least 60% every 48 hours.
  • Options

Ticker warning: 

Mine said the new standard is 53% in 48 hours - at the minimum.  Either way, you have cleared both numbers.  My betas were only rising at about a 70% increase, and I went through 2 weeks of beta hell before we saw the hb and graduated from the RE.  I also only had one embie.  There are also plenty of women on PAIF and SAIF who had slower than average betas who have gone on to have healthy pregnancies and babies. I think your numbers look good!  I hope this helped!

TTC Child #1 Sept '08, Dx: Unexplained, DOR 2 IUI's = BFN, m/c, IVF 1 = 0 embies to put back, IVF 2 = BFN, IVF 3 = cancelled, IVF 4 = BFP with 1 embie. Our son came into our life on 9/28/11. We are in love! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lisa07Lisa07 member
    imageStuckinthemiddle:

Ticker warning: 

Mine said the new standard is 53% in 48 hours - at the minimum.  Either way, you have cleared both numbers.  My betas were only rising at about a 70% increase, and I went through 2 weeks of beta hell before we saw the hb and graduated from the RE.  I also only had one embie.  There are also plenty of women on PAIF and SAIF who had slower than average betas who have gone on to have healthy pregnancies and babies. I think your numbers look good!  I hope this helped!

Thank you! This is helpful seeing as I had more than an 80% rise in 47 hours. I'm trying not to stress too much and know I'll feel better after I see a rise on Thursday and get to schedule my 1st u/s. Then I may feel better about joining you over in PAIF : )  Congratulations on reaching the half way point in your pg!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"