South Florida Babies
Options

Yard Sale experts, I need your wisdom.....

We are having a garage sale and pricing the items is driving me nuts. Like the baby clothes. I was going to mark everything $1.50 or 3 for $4.00, DH says it is too cheap and i am leaving myself with no room to negotiate. He thinks $2.00 is good and 3 for $5.00. What do you think?

Also any tips from experience would help me too!

Re: Yard Sale experts, I need your wisdom.....

• Options
    I'm not an expert but I would never pay what your DH is suggesting for clothes. You can find cheaper things brand new on clearance so why pay that much for used? I think your pricing is much more reasonable, and there is wiggle room in your pricing too. In the end you want people to buy these things, otherwise what will you do with them? Donate them for free or go the eBay/craigslist route to sell? If you're just going to donate whatever doesn't sell then I'd be prepared to accept almost anything! GL at your yard sale!
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When I buy clothes at garage sales  I won't pay more than $1.00 per item. Maybe for a nice coat or brand new shoes I would pay $2-$4. And my experience from selling is that people don't want to pay more than $1.00 either. Don't go below a $1, it should all sell at that price.  Good Luck, I love garage sales =)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We tend to have at least one garage sale a year... and I can tell you that you won't sell much at those prices.  I try not to price infant clothes over a dollar, unless it's a brand new set, or something.  It's much easier if you can just post a sign that says "50 cents per piece" or something like that.  You can price coats and dresses and designer items a little higher, but onesies, pants, etc. really won't get too much.  Also, if someone asks for the lot for a certain price, consider it.  If the total for all the items is $30, but someone wants it for $20, I'd give it to them, b/c chances are you won't sell every piece otherwise and you'll end up with less money in the long run.  Hope that helps some.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"