North Carolina Babies
Options

Good beach easy to get to?

We haven't really gone to the beach much since we've lived here other than OBX and a couple trips to Wilmington.  We really want to take a day trip this weekend to the beach and don't know which to go to that won't be absolutely mobbed, and isn't too far away from Raleigh.  Topsail, Emerald Isle, Carolina, Kure?  Any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: Good beach easy to get to?

• Options
    We go to Emerald Isle a lot with my family. It's not usually that crowded, although parking is limited. They have bathrooms, outdoor showers & lifeguards. Parking is $10. There are several cute places to get ice cream or dinner in town.
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    Another vote for Emerald Isle!  Although we're usually in Atlantic Beach, there is more to do in EI, and better for just a day trip. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We go to Emerald Isle - my grandmother owns a house there that is a block from the beach, so we stay there. I have a lot of friends that go there as well, or to Atlantic Beach (same area).
  • Options

Wilmington/Wrightsville is definitely the closest.

From Cary, Wrightsville is 2.5 hrs away, Atlantic and Emerald Isle are right over 3 hrs away, and Nags head is 3.5 hrs away.

Have fun!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"