March 2011 Moms
Options

Should I call pedi?

Lo has been sleeping all day, has very short happy periods and his under the arm temp is 98.9 I've been trying to get him to sleep when I start to see his signs but no matter what he seems to scream himself to sleep. He's been eating fairly normally except shorter and more frequent. Should I put in a call to the dr or does this sound normal? I'm worried about the screaming to sleep. I just can't put lo down drowsy.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Should I call pedi?

• Options
    If I try to put LO down for a nap too late, he cries and screams bc he's overtired.  It doesn't last long (3 min maybe?), so I think this is normal.
    Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • Options
    Doesn't sound worrisome to me
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When you take the temp under the arm you are suppose to subtract 0.5 (maybe you had already did that). I would say everything is normal but it never hurts to call to put your own mind at ease.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

The eating more frequent sounds like growth spurt, maybe try shorter period in between your feedings for a day or so.  My LO went through this, he would usually go 3 closer to 4 hours between feedings, but the last few days its been 2 hours sometimes and then if it's longer he was drinking more. 

I wouldn't worry about the temp.  Our doc said 100.4 or higher to call - that's for under the armpit.

• Options

imageperplexed59:
    When you take the temp under the arm you are suppose to subtract 0.5 (maybe you had already did that). I would say everything is normal but it never hurts to call to put your own mind at ease.

I do not think that is incorrect information. You should check with your pediatrician.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"