Detroit Babies

Confession: BLW

I am sad I shared my pear with P today.  She didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I would have.  BUT- I feel extremely bad that I have been doing this whole BLW thing wrong.  I was giving her teeny tiny pieces of food and she would inevitably choke on it.  Now that I know to give her large pieces that she can hold onto and gnaw on herself she is doing much better.  I feel so bad she is my first as I have no clue what I'm doing half the time.  I am glad that she is an agreeable girl and seems to love me anyways!    Here is a picture:

Also, most of you are way beyond where I am as far as feeding your kids, but since I have this new linking skill, I will link the site about BLW that has helped me out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Confession: BLW

• You might want to skin the pear for her. I don't remember exactly where she is in teething, but it will be hard for her to get through the skin regardless. Landon also likes it if i steam the pears half way to mushy so that it is easier for him to bite down.

We love BLW in this house, enjoy! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for sharing the link.  We won't start solids for a couple more months, but I book marked the website.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKBabySmiles:

You might want to skin the pear for her. I don't remember exactly where she is in teething, but it will be hard for her to get through the skin regardless. Landon also likes it if i steam the pears half way to mushy so that it is easier for him to bite down.

We love BLW in this house, enjoy! 

Thanks for the tip!  She only has her bottom two middle teeth so far.  She did get a couple bites off with the skin but she spit the skin out after she sucked the rest off of it.  :P  These pears were almost overly ripe so they were pretty soft but that's a good tip so I don't have to always wait for the fruit to be softer. 

I do love getting to share our food with her.  It's so fun to see what she likes and what she just thinks is ok so far.  :)  It just makes me nervous!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageHiggyFan42:

Thanks for the tip!  She only has her bottom two middle teeth so far.  She did get a couple bites off with the skin but she spit the skin out after she sucked the rest off of it.  :P  These pears were almost overly ripe so they were pretty soft but that's a good tip so I don't have to always wait for the fruit to be softer. 

I do love getting to share our food with her.  It's so fun to see what she likes and what she just thinks is ok so far.  :)  It just makes me nervous!

Read up on CPR stuff to know how to deal with choking and you should feel a little better about the whole thing. 

Landon loves bananas and avocado. Steamed broccoli is also another easy one. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nick gets a little freaked out if Madelyn gags but so far I am loving BLW.  Way easier to just give her pieces of what we are eating rather than making purees, IMO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"