March 2011 Moms
Options

Talk to me about the 6-week growth spurt ...

We just hit six weeks, and I think we also hit the growth spurt right on the nose. Noah's been particularly fussy the last few days, and his eating has been more all-over-the-place than usual. One day he acted like he was starving all day. We thought we'd probably be upping him to 5-oz. bottles (he's at 4 now), but the next day, he only took 3 at a couple of feedings but ate closer together. He's been more fussy than normal and more resistant to naps. Hoping we are right about the growth spurt and that he'll be happier soon!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Talk to me about the 6-week growth spurt ...

• Options
    My little one went through the growth spurt right on cue. Her eating habits didn't change, but for a good week and a half she was SO cranky. There were times where she just screamed and screamed with no relief. Then, just as quickly as it came it's now gone. Our happy baby is back :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD went through her growth spurt a little before 6 weeks. The one thing i learned is that when she was fussy... she was tired. So, I did my best to get her down where she can sleep. Even if it was holding her for a little while until she dozed off. That made a world of difference. I couldn't figure out why she was crying all the time, but I caught her rubbing her eyes over and over again after a couple hours of fussiness and I figured she was just tired even though it wasn't her usual nap/bedtime. She napped for a 3-4 hours and was a much happier baby afterwards.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter had hers a few days after she turned 6 weeks.  At that time, her normal feeding schedule was every 3 hours, but during her spurt, she was eating every 2 hours, and sleeping a lot.  It wasn't too bad, and it lasted maybe 3 days at the most.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"