TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Onto IUI #2- going natural this time

IUI #1 was a bust. No big surprise, since MH numbers were so crappy. We figured out that it's because of a virus, though, and his numbers are already getting better. He went from 109 million a year ago to 5 million at our last IUI. Earlier this week he had another SA and it was 45 million, with an elevated WBC count. His doctor diagnosed him with a virus a couple of weeks ago so the hope is that as he gets better his numbers are getting better. And everyone at the RE's office said that even at 45 million that is plenty for an IUI. I guess "normal" is anything over 20 million?

Anyway, I went in today for my baseline u/s to start out the new IUI cycle. My doctor said that she wanted to up my Clomid to 100mg, which I was very happy about. However, when she did my u/s she saw two cysts on my left ovary. They weren't crazy big and she said that one or two cycles with no meds should make them go away. So I was bummed and resigned myself to taking a couple of cycles off. (At this point I think of TI as taking a cycle off because, honestly, I think I have about as much of a chance of getting pregnant that way as I do by being celibate).

Then when I was checking out my genius side kicked in. "I don't have a problem ovulating," I thought, "and since I'll ovulate on my own anyway, why can't we still do an IUI? Just with no meds?" I asked the doc, she said it was a great idea, so that's the plan. I'm supposed to do those ovulation predictor strips and call them when I get a positive. The only bad part about that is that it's hard enough to get an appointment that will work with my work schedule. Last minute like that will be damn near impossible. I'll see what I can do.

So if this cycle doesn't work I'll get an u/s at the start of the next cycle. If the cysts are still there what do you think I should do? Do a cycle of BC to get them to shrink faster? Try another natural IUI? If I take that cycle "off" I'll be able to save up enough money where doing a cycle with injects would be feasible for us. That would be about 4 times more expensive than just the Clomid IUI. Do you think it's worth it? Or would it be better to save that money for IVF?

Re: Onto IUI #2- going natural this time

• I can't answer any of your questions but I'm wishing you luck!

dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• I've had to sit out a bunch of cycles because of cysts and they have always gone away by the time I went in for my next cycle. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry IUI #1 didn't work, but it sounds like you have a much better shot now that DH's #'s are going back up.  I had a cyst or 2 when I was about to start IVF and I did acupuncture and they were gone the next cycle.  I know that they usually disappear on their own, but this acupuncturist was amazing and I really think she was able to speed up the process.  Good luck!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good luck with IUI #2.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• I don't know anything about cysts, but I just wanted to wish you luck.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry IUI #1 didn't work out. If your cyst is gone next cycle I may try another Clomid cycle just because it is so much cheaper. Was all of your bloodwork from the Clomid challenge normal? Good luck!

BFP 12/18/2009. HB 1/4/2010. NO HB 1/18/2010. D&C 1/19/2010
    April 2011 IUI #1 BFN. High FSH and other issues.
    May 2011 Chose to build our family through adoption
    September 2011 Actively waiting for a match
    11/26/11 Surprise BFP * DD born 7/23/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • suntotosuntoto member
    Sorry about IUI #1.  It always sucks when treatment cycles don't work. 
    Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • Well that stinks. Hopefully with the virus taken care of, and you O'ing on your own, the natural cycle will work.

I have a couple questions before I venture an opinion on your questions. Is MFI the only thing you guys have going on? You said you ovulate on your own. Is there anything else going on?

• Well that stinks about #1 but good luck with #2. I don't have any informed advice but I'm hopeful for ya'll!
    oh please. not KU. effed up.
  • imageCissi64:

I can't answer any of your questions but I'm wishing you luck!

This! 

• imageColindaP:

Well that stinks. Hopefully with the virus taken care of, and you O'ing on your own, the natural cycle will work.

I have a couple questions before I venture an opinion on your questions. Is MFI the only thing you guys have going on? You said you ovulate on your own. Is there anything else going on?

Actually we don't have MFI. This was a one-time thing because of my husband's virus. I don't have any known "problems." I ovulate every cycle, usually on day 13, and always have a 13 day LP. I have no progesterone issues, hormone issues, or blocked tubes. They can't give us any clues at all as to why we haven't been able to concieve once in the past two years.

• Good luck hun!!!
    Connor Thomas 6/6/08. Discovered missed miscarriage at 17 wks 3 days, D&C 11/25/09. Please, please, please - BFP 5/21/11, EDD 2/1/11. Beta@12DPO=52, Beta@14DPO=158. U/S 7/7/11 shows strong baby measuring a couple days ahead!!! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good luck to you!
    BFP #1: 5/3/10 Natural MC: 5/11/10 BFP #2: 3/24/11 C/p: 3/29/11 BFP #3: 5/17/11 C/P: 5/20/11 BFP #4: 11/13/11 Daisypath Anniversary tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic ~*~Congrats to my TTCAL buddies toshbosh233 & clairenmonique, EDDs 4/2011; bekahjen, EDD 5/2011; MCH77, EDD 7/2011; HokieMomma, EDD 8/2011; shanna82, EDD 9/2011; Rachel4127, EDD 10/2011~*~
  • siggy warning

Unless you are dealing with SEVERE MFI, I would do a cycle of injects for an IUI. This will give you a chance to see how your body responds to the injects before you fork over the down payment for a house to the IVF cycle.

If I hadn't done this, I would have never known that 150 of follistim is way too low for me (even though 50mg of Clomid worked just fine).

Good luck!!!

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Best of luck to you with IUI #2!

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• imagedamabo80:

siggy warning

Unless you are dealing with SEVERE MFI, I would do a cycle of injects for an IUI. This will give you a chance to see how your body responds to the injects before you fork over the down payment for a house to the IVF cycle.

If I hadn't done this, I would have never known that 150 of follistim is way too low for me (even though 50mg of Clomid worked just fine).

Good luck!!!

Thanks for the advice! I think after this cycle, if my cyst has gone away, I'll do a cycle of injects. I would like to release two or three eggs to increase my chances anyway.

• lunatwolunatwo member
    I'm sorry the IUI didn't work.  I think your plan sounds good!  I really think since your IF is unexplained that you have a great chance of the IUI's working before you even have to go down the IVF road. GL with it!!!
    4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
    6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
    8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
    Beta #1: 485
    Beta #2: 2,495
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    imageimageimage
  • I just wanted to say good luck!
    TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"