Potty Training

PTd in under 3 days

DD had been giving me signs for a little while now, but I just haven't been able to make a commitment since she's in daycare and they didn't want her to go without pull-ups unless she was PT (I definitely did not want to go this route since we CD and I don't really get the point of them). On Sunday we went straight to big girl undies. It was a rough day. She would hold her pee which made me feel so bad for her. There were a few times I wanted to put her back in a diaper, but I read that the most important thing was to be consistent. She had many accidents that day, but I just had her help me clean them up and explained that they needed to go in the potty. That night I read a blog that suggested putting the little potty in the tub and running some warm water. Between the sound of the water falling and the warm water on their toes, it helps teach them to relax their bladder. So I tried that yesterday for the morning. We would talk about how much better it felt to just let it go. By the afternoon she was using the big potty with a seat. I still had to remind her to go, but she was getting the hang of it. Just two accidents yesterday, and even a trip to the playground (dry the entire time). Today she got up and asked for her undies. She also began asking to use the potty. We went out and about to the playground and out for dinner. No problems. We brought the potty seat and little potty. She used the little potty in the trunk of our car at the playground and the potty seat at dinner. No accidents! On Sunday I really didn't think it would happen this quickly, but we stuck with it and I am so proud of her! Keep with it!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PTd in under 3 days

• THANK YOU for posting this. I needed to hear a positive PT story.

We started the 3dayPT this morning and I want to give up. I even tried to put a pull up on DS for his nap. He refused yelling "NO diaper!". (smart boy) He's had tons of accidents and I'm losing hope that he'll get it.  He's peed in the potty a few times, but only after starting in his underwear.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You're welcome. Last Sunday I was frantically searching for positive stories. I felt like maybe it wasn't the right time, but I read a story similar to mine that helped me stick with it. Best of luck to you!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebrideofscowboy:

THANK YOU for posting this. I needed to hear a positive PT story.

We started the 3dayPT this morning and I want to give up. I even tried to put a pull up on DS for his nap. He refused yelling "NO diaper!". (smart boy) He's had tons of accidents and I'm losing hope that he'll get it.  He's peed in the potty a few times, but only after starting in his underwear.

Just curious-we are going to make the jump soon-is he just in his underwear all day or are the kiddos wearing their normal clothes?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageerin.m:
    imagebrideofscowboy:

THANK YOU for posting this. I needed to hear a positive PT story.

Just curious-we are going to make the jump soon-is he just in his underwear all day or are the kiddos wearing their normal clothes?

Another late follow up, but we're on day 3. I have her in a tshirt and undies. 

• Thanks for sharing!
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"