Houston Babies

1st birthday party

What did you do for your LO first birthday party? I would love to have it at our home but we live in a 3 story townhome and I just do not think it will work for a childs party. We will have our nephews there as well and they are 5 and 3.
DSC02496
5/17/09 Silverlake Sprint Triathlon 1:28:32
10/3/09 Susan G. Komen 5K 28:58
1/17/10 Chevron Half Marathon 2:09:08
2/27/10 ConocoPhilips Rodeo Run 10K 1:10:49

Re: 1st birthday party

• We had it at our house, but if you don't feel comfortable with that - are there any parks nearby?  Especially ones with picnic tables and/or covered areas?  You may have to call to see if you need to reserve the area, but at least the older kids will have a place to run off energy.

• We're having the same dilemma. Our house is NOT large enough for more than a few guests. Our living area is tiny.

We're thinking about going to a park. 

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • jen5-03jen5-03 member
    I had both of their 1st birthdays at home. Our old house was very small, but it was fine. IMO a 1st birthday is not really much of a kid's party, it's about the adults. We didn't do games or anything. The only kid-friendly thing we did was have a fruit tray just for kids with the fruit cut up small (quartered grapes, etc).
    - Jena
  • I am pretty sure it is just going to be family that attends but I am afraid our nephews will be bored; it is also in August which limits outdoor activities. I was thinking we might be able to set up a sprinkler outside for the boys to burn off some steam. We do have a very small side yard.

I guess when I envison a party at someones home I think of people hanging out on the patio and filtering into the house. Our kitchen/livingroom are on the second floor. The only thing we have on the first is a poker room. I just do not see how it will work well.

DSC02496
    5/17/09 Silverlake Sprint Triathlon 1:28:32
    10/3/09 Susan G. Komen 5K 28:58
    1/17/10 Chevron Half Marathon 2:09:08
    2/27/10 ConocoPhilips Rodeo Run 10K 1:10:49
  • Evan was the only kid at his birthday party. We just had immediate family attend and we went to the zoo. It was the second weekend in March and it was already getting warm, so I would pick something with an option for being inside. We went to eat at Di Amico's in the village and DS had an awesome time. 

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"