LGBT Parenting
Options

How was your weekend?!

What did you do?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: How was your weekend?!

• Options
    2brides2brides member
    Friday we had the inaugural viewing of Star Wars (the original.) The boys loved it, but I still don't get the hype. Perhaps it is a boy thing.

Saturday Carter was up at 5:52. Sigh. L had to go into work, so I took the kids to get their haircut at the gym and then let them play in childcare. Tried to open a savings account for them at the bank, but I didn't know their SSN so it was a wasted trip. Rode bikes in the library parking lot (no cars and flat) and then went into the library to get books. Home to play at the playground and take a nap. Sadly I didn't get to take a nap because all hell was exploding at L's parents house so we talked about that for 2 hrs. The kids played with the 6y old twins from down the street (who broke their stomp rocket less than 1 week after the kids got them.UGH.) while L and I did some outside work. Dropped the kids off at Parents Night Out while we went to eat at PF Changs and did a few errands at the mall. The two of us had a really good time.

Sunday L tackled the outside of the house (planting) while I tackled the inside (holy hell, the clutter - and how did that happen since I decluttered on Wednesday night before the cleaners came?!?!) Met up with friends and took the train to Camden Yards to see the kids' first MLB game. They lasted through the top of the 4th inning before they got really antsy and asking to go. I still don't understand the appeal of baseball. :shrug: Went to the playground when we got home, grilled out for dinner, put the kids to bed early, and were sacked out ourselves by 9:30.

It was a good weekend.
  • Options

Saturday we hit the grocery store early. Then LO napped while I showered and cleaned.  Later we ran another few errands before picking up Indian food and going to a friend's house for dinner.  It was nice to visit with friends while the kids played.  I took the PnP so LO could sleep and we eventually went home around midnight.

Sunday I didn't feel like cooking so we went to IHOP for breakfast.  JB is so good at dining out (I've probably just jinxed myself).  We had a great time and she was covered in blueberries from my pancakes.  The best part was that she signed 'baby' when smiling at the toddler a few tables away.

After breakfast we went to Target and she used the sign 'ball.'  So this weekend alone she did: eat, more, thank you, ball, and baby.  It was so very very cool to see a little language explosion!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

annnnndddd now Kerri is sick.  Mind you I haven't gotten over my cold yet.. Our home is a gigantic festering ball of disease.

Friday K met me at the pet store on her way home from work because I blacked out while shopping - awesome.  Date night was cancelled.  

Saturday K was hit hard with the cold from h*ll but then got a call from her best friend who was moving *now* and had to go help, poor thing.  I shopped.all.day and can I just say maternity clothes suck.  hard.  what is with all the painted on jewelry?!! I ended up finding a few sun dresses in (of all places..) Forever 21 and supplemented them with loads of accessories (bracelets, headbands, necklaces, earrings and 2 (yes. 2) pocketbooks) and called it a day.  If I can't look good in my clothes, at least I will have nice accessories. I met K for dinner and we went home and crashed.

Sunday I went to a local park up the street from my house to meet up with Mrs. F, her wife, and her adorable son at a big lesbian picnic she planned.  It was so nice to see them again.  Unfortunately K stayed in bed.  Crazy we haven't seen them since I was 1.5 weeks pregnant ;)  I brought K lunch and we didn't move for the rest of the day/ night.

Today I am going to lysol the daylights out of my house. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Go JB! how fun!!

Friday Sprout had another horrific day at school Sad so rather than going to the baseball game with DW and grandpa as planned, he spent the evening in his room. Except not really...what really happened was that he had one big old tantrum lasting for hours all over the house.  While I was attempting to feed/wash/change and put the babies to bed.  By myself.  Because DW still went to the game. Lets just say she owes me a pedicure....or 5.

Saturday we spent the morning cleaning out the van and packing for our vaca.  Kids took a good long nap while I continued the packing/cleaning and DW mowed the lawn.  In the afternoon DW, Sprout and RB went to a bday party while Daisy and I met up with my uncle who is visiting from Florida (hadn't seen him in nearly 10 years). 

Sunday DW went to work and I was solo with the kids. We went to a new playground, met up with DW for lunch at Moes, then went home for way too short naps.  The rest of the day was more cleaning/packing/baths/playing/dinner/thank-god-its-bed-time.

• Options
    Busy weekend for us. Friday we went to the mall to pick up a graduation gift for my sister. We had dinner and then went home. Unfortunately the neckless that we wanted to get was not in stock so Sat morning we had to drive into Boston to go to another Tiffanys. Not so bad but it was a pain. Sat I tutored and then we drove to my inlaws in NH. We had a great time visiting and E was really good even though she only had a 30 minute nap. Sunday was my sisters graduation for her Master's degree. It was fine but so long and a really odd commencement speaker. First there were 800 undergrads in her school and each every one had their name called. Also the speaker was the photo journalist from the ny times who was captured in Libya a few weeks ago. Interesting yes. Uplifting for the graduates not so much. I went out for an amazing dinner with my family and then crashed at home. E was up a bit on Sat night and then quite a bit last night so I am super tired.
  • Options
    imageTwo*True:

So this weekend alone she did: eat, more, thank you, ball, and baby.  It was so very very cool to see a little language explosion!

Go JB! So cool!!

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We had brunch with my folks. Bought Henry his first real shoes (he got measured and everything!). And had our gay parents picnic on Sunday. The picnic was a success I think, and it was great to see Jean again - who looks great with her bump!!
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

• Options

I wasn't home very much this weekend, just to sleep really.

Iz had a Dr. appointment on Friday and we got the offer to purchase the house we are renting. J worked at night so I rented Legend of the Guardians for the girls, A watched it and Iz was sent to bed because she kept messing around. 

We went to have brunch at the in-laws house on Saturday morning, fresh carnitas and lengua, I stopped to get a bean and cheese burrito on the way.  J made a spur of the moment decision and we took the girls and our niece to the aquarium in Long Beach.  After the aquarium, I took J and the girls to the park behind the aquarium where there is a small lighthouse that sits up on a hill, the girls spent half an hour rolling down the hill over and over.  We dropped our niece off and went home, showers for the girls and bedtime. 

Sunday morning, we dropped J off at work then went home to get ready for my brother and his wife's baby shower.  I drove to San Diego and we met at my brother's in-laws then drove to the shower.  The shower was beautiful, more like a small wedding reception, catered food, tables with nice linens and floral centerpieces, very fancy.  We had a great time at the shower, Iz ran around and played (and got a couple timeouts in the process), A made a friend, and I got to enjoy the company of my brother and his wife and the gorgeous San Diego weather.  The drive home was uneventful and quick.  I picked J up from her parents house and we came home and got the girls in bed.  I baked a quick batch of oatmeal raisin cookies for J and then went to bed.

• Options

Yay JB, that's SO awesome, good job mama!Smile

Boo JnK, sorry to hear you are both so sick, hope you are both on the mend soon!

Our weekend was SO random but so much fun. Friday night I met a friend for happy hour to catch up. Then I went to my gf's place to wait for her to get home from working a 60 hour shift. A good friend of ours is dating a new boy who plays in a band so we joined her to see the show. Not our taste in music but our friend who is a single adoptive mom had a smashing time and we ended up making sure she got home safe.Wink We weren't in bed until after 2...getting too old for this stuff!!!

Saturday we slept in and then headed to a paintball place to use group.ons we had. It was our first time and it was a lot of fun even though we were playing with mostly kids! While we were there, one of the guys running the place was very nice to us and at one point said he and his partner were going out that night (and both K and I looked at each other like huh?) When we got ready to go we went to tip him and he asked if we were together and then took us to their booth to give us free passes to come back because we're "family" and told us about a drag queen show going on nearby that night. So we drove a long ways home to change clothes and back to have dinner at a favorite brewery and then to the drag show. It was a pretty good show and we had fun...and another late night.

Sunday we slept in again and got up for brunch at a crepe place and then went to see an orchestra concert because, well, we're sophisticated like that.Stick out tongue It was a very good concert and we are definitely going to try to see more. We grabbed dinner at a new place with another group.on and went home for an early night.

• Options
    Seattle - your weekends make me so jealous Stick out tongue
  • Options

Friday C was off, so I picked up the Kiddos a little early and went home. C had plenty of time to breast feed and play with the Kiddos. I made the mistake of feeding them in the living room by having them sit on the floor in front of me...BIG MISTAKE! I couldn't keep their attention and I got food all over the place! Then it was wind down time and off to bed. They slept pretty well on Friday, but Peanut was up at the crack of dawn, before the birds even started singing.

We went to music class on Saturday, everyone tired from Peanut's early awakening...she ended up waking Little Man. The Kiddos fell asleep on the way to class, so the teacher let us wait until the next class (an hour later). C walked down the street to nab us Starbuck's and we talked while the Kiddos slept. After class, we took a wrong turn and got semi-lost...it was kind of fun. I can't remember much more of the day other than the Kiddos were so tired they fell right to sleep at bedtime...which is a miracle.

Sunday, Kiddos were up early again, so we all had an early breakfast in hopes for a small nap before Church...it didn't happen. I told C that I bet the Kiddos will be asleep once we put them in the car after Church. Sure enough, we weren't even out of the parking lot and they were asleep. C and I had planned a family lunch out, so she and I ate pot stickers in the parking lot at TGI Friday's while the Kiddos slept. (Anyone catching the theme here? LOL!) We were having a good time talking until an alarm went off on someone's car and we drove away before the LO's woke up. We went to BRU and waited there until the Kiddos woke up. Then it was straight to the back of the store to change diapers and then to the front of the store to feed them. Finally, "family" time. We shopped for food, clothes, a cheap stroller, and bath toys, then over to Target for the essentials. Once home the Kiddos played with C (and had their breast milk) while I put things away. Then fed the Kiddos and placed them in the bath with their new toys while C prepared everything for bedtime. I kind of riled the Kiddos up by playing games with them (bad thing to do before bed) so C turned the lights down and read them a story before the bedtime routine began. They fell asleep fast, but woke up a lot during the night...C's at home resting (plus she strained her back...Little Man is 100 percent boy!)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

Friday night we sat out on our neighbor's patio and had hamburgers and drank wine. The weather was perfect and it was a lovely evening.

Saturday we met a friend and her husband and parents for dim sum. Her parents ordered everything in Cantonese(?), and did their best to explain what everything was, but there was so much food and it was all little brown packets and I had no idea. Fun though :) Afterward we went shopping for a present for our nephew's birthday, which is fun b/c we only buy him two outfits a year and have no kidlets of our own, so it feels OK to shop at the fancy baby store, instead of Target and consignment stores, where I will be buying clothes for our own kids, I'm sure :) I wanted some tops for work and a cute sundress or two for Miami, but couldn't find anything for myself. We ended up going to the outlet mall to try there and I struck out again, but Jen did pick up a great suit for work super on-sale.

Sunday we went running, and it was hot and I cut it a mile short. Spent the rest of the day being lazy. Took a nap, read some more Harry Potter. I made pork chops for dinner and tried to be fancy and deglaze the pan to make sauce, and ended up making a disturbing, burnt, black, oily, pork-honey-bourbon toffee. My mom is going to have to teach our kids how to cook.

• Options
    2brides2brides member
    CT - I am sorry that Sprout is having such a difficult time. My heart goes out to him and you all.Left Hug
  • Options

imagectbride08:
    Seattle - your weekends make me so jealous Stick out tongue

Haha, yes I am quite lucky to have every other weekend off, though I do miss my little E when she's at her dad's, that never changes. Fortunately my gf's work schedule *sometimes* works out for us to get these weekends together. So when it does, we jam pack them full of fun stuff. We have a goal as a couple to have lots of new experiences together and try new restaurants exploring our city and we are using a couple of different coupon type websites to provide an avenue for many of these new adventures. It's been a lot of fun and last night as we were snuggling in for sleep she asked me to promise we'll always do that. And my answer was an emphatic yes!

• Options

Reading these updates does make me think about how kids change your life!  I sometimes tell DW that we need to go out now simply because we can..but despite no kids yet I feel like our stamina for it has changed.  :)

Friday we tried a new yummy Mexican restaurant in e harlem with a friend, and then attempted to see Bridesmaids.  Unfortunately it was sold out, so we headed home to watch Grey's Anatomy instead.  Saturday we were crazy efficient and blogged, exercised, made Puerto Rican bread, did Target, groceries, Trader Joe's, cleaned, laundry, etc. etc, AND made a yummy date-night-at-home dinner and watched The Tourist.  Sunday was too rainy to just hang in the park, but we met up w our friend and her 2 year old.  We played ping pong at a free table in a park, ate lunch, rode the carousel, and went to a storytelling festival and then a hot chocolate cafe.  Our friend has  been wanting us to get pregnant since she got pregnant, and was bugging us about it again...I made faces at DW, hehehe.   

We accomplished a lot of little things that had been on the to-do list forever, including stuff we have to do for Greece.  Weee, I can't wait!! 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

Fri: Ky and I ran a quick errand in the AM since she was up at 6:45 AM. Then we went to tell my mom happy birthday. When we got there she was sick Sad Since she is so stubborn she refused to go to the doctor on Thursday and was now much worse. Her doctor ended up being out of town so I took her to urgent care. A shot and two prescriptions later and I dropped her off back at home to sleep. We spent the rest of the day around the house. I made homemade pizza crust and when Ann got home we made yummy cheese pizza. I will definately not be buying my pizza crust anymore!

Sat: Work. I got out an hour early! Then home to pick up and give Ky a bath before our friends came over for dinner. After dinner and Ky was in bed we hung out and played cards.

Sun: I got up early again thanks to Ky and we headed out to the grocery after breakfast. Then we went to see my mom to kill some time while Ann slept. My mom wanted to go to the store then and asked if I wanted to go so off we went to shop. By the time I got home Ann was up and it was lunchtime....after lunch Ky and I napped. When we got up, it was time to get ready for the wedding.

The location was beautiful and the decorations very nice. Only negative thing is the wicked thunderstorm that came in right before the ceremony started. It was so windy the vases on the table were blowing over. Ky was actually calm and only started getting fussy right at the end because she was getting hungry. Once she was fed, she was happy as could be and it was a very enjoyable evening. We cut out a bit early as it was getting close to her bedtime.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Put us on the list for LO being up early... the latest she slept all weekend was 6am. Ugh, anyways...

Friday we got stuff all ready for LO's 1st bday party! We bought all the food, the plates and stuff, and then the horrible storms started.

It rained and stormed all morning on Saturday, so we cancelled LO's party (it was supposed to be outside at a park and everything was soaked and muddy) but my parent's were already in town, so we ended up going to Chuck E Cheese. Of course, the rest of the afternoon was beautiful and sunny.

Sunday we had planned on going to the Minnesota Zoo, but again, the weather was bad. (The cities got it bad Saturday night too) We ended up going to the Minnesota Children's Museum, and then to their storm shelter when the sirens went off. In the afternoon, we ventured over to Como Zoo in St. Paul, and then saw their beautiful storm shelter as well! Tornadoes and storms everywhere. On our way home, my mom called and told me about the tornados that hit La Crosse, WI too (my hometown) There's a lot of damage everywhere. So, dropped B and LO off at home, drove to WI and got to work cleaning up yards and streets. We worked well into the night, so today I'm taking a "me" day and relaxing. Its surreal and devastating to see that much damage and to have things like that happen to people you know.

Anyways, right now I'm busy praying for NO MORE STORMS!

• Options

poo. I had a long thing all typed out and my computer ate it. here is the short version:

Friday--hung out at home, wife worked OT.

Saturday--wife slept, boy and camera and I went to the conservatory. he napped, we did yardwork. she went to a beer thing, we went to a football game.

Sunday--boy woke early, we all got up. I promptly fell asleep on the couch. grocery. softball game. bed.

she's working 1st shift today and is off tonight so I get 2 extra nights with her home, which is nice.

• Options

On Friday evening Kel took Eli to his daycare spring performance. Alexis and I stayed home to avoid the germ-fest that all daycare events seem to be. The infant rooms had 2 songs this time (the babies are wheeled onto the stage in strollers/wagons and the teachers all sing) and Kel taped it so I could watch when they got home. Completely ridiculous and super-cute!

On Saturday, we basically just hung out at home. Kel and Eli met some of our friends for brunch. My dad was in town this weekend to meet Alexis so he came over with Indian take-out for lunch. We spent the evening watching the debate at our state capitol regarding putting a constitutional amendment against gay marriage on the ballot--unsurprisingly it passed. Other than the author, only one person spoke in favor of it. The remaining 5+ hours of debate were all people speaking against it--it was really powerful. 

On Sunday, we went to my sister's for lunch and then spent the evening in the basement hiding from the tornado/storms. 

• Options
    imagelnelson20:

We spent the evening watching the debate at our state capitol regarding putting a constitutional amendment against gay marriage on the ballot--unsurprisingly it passed. Other than the author, only one person spoke in favor of it. The remaining 5+ hours of debate were all people speaking against it--it was really powerful. 

On Sunday, we went to my sister's for lunch and then spent the evening in the basement hiding from the tornado/storms. 

My mom (who lives in MN and also spent the evening in the basement) was joking with me that the tornados were God's reaction to the actions of the legislature. 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"