Trying to Get Pregnant

How common is Implantation spotting at 10/11dpo?

Thoughts on the spotting?  Brown mixed with creamy CM.  It could be AF spotting but my LP is typically 13/14 days when I O (which with PCOS is rare) and I don't usually spot- I just think this is a bit early for pre-AF spotting then again what do I know it's been three years since I did this whole charting thing and the last time I was on meds so- totally new territory.

Also feel free to chart stalk. Open circles mean I woke up a half hour before my normal waking time so those temps are about .1 degree lower than my usual temps.

Any thoughts would be cool.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How common is Implantation spotting at 10/11dpo?

• Implantation spotting is rare. The only way to tell whether it's implantation spotting or AF spotting is in retrospect when you get a BFP or AF, so there really isn't an answer we can give you at this point. But your chart looks good, and you're not out until you get AF. GL!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Spotting can be caused by multiple things at any given point in a cycle. Implantation in itself is very rare, and can only be confirmed with a BFP. Even then, there's no way to no for sure if the spotting was in fact implantation or caused by a number of other factors. Honestly, I wouldn't put any stock in spotting at 10 or 11 DPO because you'll drive yourself nuts over-analyzing it.

FWIW, I psyched myself up on some 9DPO (12 day LP) spotting about 5 cycles ago. I'd never had spotting before AF... ever. Apparently, that's the cycle my body decided that pre-AF spotting is super fun. Sometimes, our bodies switch things up on us.

I'm not trying to be pessimitic, just realistic. Good luck.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Loading the player...
  • No I appreciate the reality check.  Probably just looking for something to hold on to since I was kinda disappointed in my temps yesterday and today.  We'll see what they do tomorrow.
  • Implantation spotting is rare and can only be determined after a BFP.

According to my RE, implantation takes place between 5-7 dpo so it's possible what you're seeing is "old blood" leftover from implantation. Alternatively, it could be that AF is on her way...only time will tell unfortunately. GL!

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think you may be my twin ;)

I had brown spotting Saturday morning and now it is gone. I have all the symptoms but negative tests. I too have not charted since 2008 and also was diagnosed with PCOS.

I was on clomid when I got pregnant with my first. I was hoping to get lucky this time. I guess time will tell - GL to you!

• imagejessicandavies:

Implantation spotting is rare and can only be determined after a BFP.

According to my RE, implantation takes place between 5-7 dpo so it's possible what you're seeing is "old blood" leftover from implantation. Alternatively, it could be that AF is on her way...only time will tell unfortunately. GL!

That's interesting because FF and other sources I've read all say 7-10 dpo... 

*** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • imageBlueEyedDreamer:
    imagejessicandavies:

Implantation spotting is rare and can only be determined after a BFP.

That's interesting because FF and other sources I've read all say 7-10 dpo... 

I know...I questioned it too b/c just about everything you read on the internet says 7-10 days, but when I mentioned that he said, "Yeah, we're pretty sure about when implantation occurs." He said implantation closer to 9-10 dpo would be more of the exception than the norm. He went on to explain how they time IVF cycles. With IVF they either do 3 or 5 day transfers (3-5 days after fertilization) and then you're generally on 48 hours best rest or limited activity after transfer (to provide an optimal environment for implantation).

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • btsrc5btsrc5 member

:TTGP grad butting in:

I had implantation spotting/bleeding.  I thought I was out for the cycle and it was spotting before AF. 

Good luck!

:butting out:

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards