Hawaii Babies

Mamas that are PG the second (or third or fourth!) time around...

Did you feel like you had "symptoms" earlier than with #1? I feel like I am already having some RLP! And the bloat is incredible...I put on my maternity gauchos today and I looked 5 months PG! That said, I feel less fatigued than last time (I guess my body is used to the sleep deprivation already) and my boobs aren't as sore (again, they're probably fortified now from all of the BFing). And my emotions are high...I've teared up 4 times today from various things I've read online, FB posts, songs I've heard, etc.

How about you? What is the same this time? What is different?

BTW, I am so grateful I blogged my first PG because it's been great to go back to those posts and see how they compare to how I'm feeling now, with this one.

Re: Mamas that are PG the second (or third or fourth!) time around...

• inamrainamra member
    No advice here cuz I'm not in that boat yet! But...CONGRATS!! I must've missed your announcement while I was MIA with my busy past 2+ weeks!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • MrsZizMrsZiz member

I feel like I had all kinds of symptoms sooner. My boobs never got that sore with Bella and with Grayson they never got sore at all... although I will warn you once you give birth and nurse a newborn, the nipple pain is intense! I was SO much more tired being pregnant with Grayson, even though I still hadn't slept a full night since Bella was born. It hit me like a lead brick, I was exhausted! That said, I was able to just suck it up and do stuff, with Bella I would crash on the couch in a second! Emotions were way higher the second time, I couldn't believe it. I showed earlier with Grayson than with Bella and I gained more weight with him, but he was also a much bigger baby than her. I was also much sicker with Grayson, with Bella I only had a little morning sickness and with Grayson, I ended up in the ER from vomiting so much. Not fun! 

Two totally different pregnancies for sure. Now that they are both here, they are so similar in some ways, yet so different in others. 

BTW I'm still SO excited for you guys! Two kids is busy but insanely fun. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, definitely got the symptoms earlier. And also got bigger earlier too! I was already in maternity pants well before I was out of the 1st trimester!! So, needless to say, it was difficult to "hide" the pregnancy for very long! By 13 weeks, it was pretty obvious. And at 20 weeks now, I'm freakin huge, big belly.

In the 1st tri.... I was very sick and nauseated and didn't want to eat anything that had any flavor. That was very different for me since I was not sick with Alexa at all. But I guess now I know it might have been bc I'm having a boy this time?

No boob soreness. Was more tired. Not really emotional. HTH!  

Malia & Dave & Alexa
    Happily married since 2-17-08! Three since 9-9-09!
    Baby Blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageinamra:
    But...CONGRATS!! I must've missed your announcement while I was MIA with my busy past 2+ weeks!

Thanks! I just found out last week and posted it here:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/53206040.aspx

Not exactly what we had planned, but we're thrilled!

• I'm showing WAY sooner.  In looking back at pictures I about about the same size now that I was 18 weeks.  My tummy blubbed out almost immediately.  Blubbing out is the only way I can think to describe it.  It's like all the muscles in my torso gave way.  I was in maternity pants for comfort a few weeks ago. 

My morning/afternoon sickness is about the same as it was with Elyse, but I decided to go on diclectin this time.  It's made all the difference in the world.  And I'm just as emotional this time around.

A huge difference I'm noticing is I'm having intense anxiety about strange things. 

• inamrainamra member
    imageMarried2MrWright:

imageinamra:
    But...CONGRATS!! I must've missed your announcement while I was MIA with my busy past 2+ weeks!

Thanks! I just found out last week and posted it here:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/53206040.aspx

Not exactly what we had planned, but we're thrilled!

Ahhh, yes, I see! I think I might've briefly saw the title when I stopped by the boards for a few seconds last week and figured it was a material gift, not a baby =) But I'm thrilled for you guys! Congrats again!

Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • I just think all in all this pregnancy is flying by!!  It's crazy that I'm already half way there. My pregnancy is pretty much identical to my first. No morning sickness, just tired in the 1st tri, I'm showing about the same as I did with Ash but I did show a little sooner. I think it may be the extra 15lbs I never lost:-P 
  • Congratulations Lori!!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image Heather and Mark | Lanikuhonua 8-14-08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"