D.C. Area Babies
Options

9 hour sleep night followed by night of a thousand wakings

Sigh. We put him down early again and he woke up after 45 minutes. Then we put him back down and he woke up after 4 hours (not complaining about that), then every hour after that.

I just keep telling myself that he's waking up because he is learning SO much during the day. All the babbling, grabbing, cooing, looking at stuff - it's all too much for that little brain to process, so he needs time at night, right? He wakes up all the time because he's brilliant! Yeah!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 9 hour sleep night followed by night of a thousand wakings

• Options
    could be a growth spurt and he's hungry
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're in the same boat and I think are children are 2 days apart.  Saturday night he was having too much fun blowing raspberries and bubbles to sleep.  He just CONSTANTLY wants to explore everything in his environment, it is so cute and sweet but incredibly annoying when it is during my sleep time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

could also be the 4-mo wakeful period

• Options

were you in my house last night? we had the same problem. H woke up literally every hour and since DH has to work, I was the one who got up every.dang.time.

if this is STILL the 4 mo wakeful, i'm going to cry because we've been dealing with it for a couple weeks now. i'm hoping it was just fluke last night and tonight will be better.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yeah, I'm assuming 4-month wakeful and/or a growth spurt. Add in the teething possibility and there are tons of reasons to stay awake.

I was just so hopeful after his 9-hour stretch on Saturday night.

• Options
    imagezerf77:

were you in my house last night? we had the same problem. H woke up literally every hour and since DH has to work, I was the one who got up every.dang.time.

if this is STILL the 4 mo wakeful, i'm going to cry because we've been dealing with it for a couple weeks now. i'm hoping it was just fluke last night and tonight will be better.

And since I'm working and DH is at home right now, I'm not really sure why I got up every time, although I can't sleep through it. Finally at 3, I told DH to take over. But then LO was crying his hungry cries at 5 and I brought him into bed with me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"