March 2011 Moms
Options

So upset- unknowingly ate dairy

A few weeks ago, lo broke out pretty badly and was having some tummy distress. His pedi recommended I limit my dairy, but I decided to eliminate it altogether just to see what happened. Within 2 days his skin totally cleared up and he seemed less fussy. He's bf and ff'ed and still on a milk based formula (gentlease) so I don't think he has a milk allergy but it definitely helped. It's been hard for me to give up dairy, especially cheese,since it's my favorite thing to eat.

Anyway, dh thought he was being nice and brought me home a giant banana berrry smoothie from smoothie king.  I had more than half of it before it dawned on me that it probably has dairy. My tummy doesn't tolerate dairy so well sometimes so when I started hurting I thought of it.  I looked it up online and sure enough it has sorbet and whey protein. I hope it doesn't cause lo pain. I feel so badly ! Sad

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So upset- unknowingly ate dairy

• Options
    I know how you feel - DS has a milk protein allergy and today I ate a handful of pretzels that were seasoned with dried ranch dressing.  I didn't realize it at first but as soon as I did, I felt so guilty.  I'm dreading seeing that bloody diaper tonight :(
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I am sure everything will be okay, just watch it from here on out :)

I did the same thing with broccoli, it is my favorite vegetable, it came with my dinner at Ruby Tuesday and I scarfed 1/2 of it down before I realized what I was doing. I never noticed LO to be gassy the following few days after.

Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just started bringing hidden dairy back into my life but I'm still trying to limit it. When I was strictly avoiding it I checked everything before we went anywhere, btw do not eat at tgi Fridays there are pretty much no dairy free options.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    amy259amy259 member
    Don't worry mama he will be ok. I've been trying to eliminate dairy as well and it's hard I've been avoiding processed foods but anf fruit smoothie would have gotten me too. Hope your tummy is ok today too!
    BFP 7/17/12 DD#1 3/10/10 BFP 3/26/12 Natural MC 4/11/12 #2 Due 3/30/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"