February 2011 Moms
Options

Project Unswaddle, STTN and other night time wowes...

Caleb is almost exclusively bottle fed, I might nurse him once a day.  He gets anywhere between 33-36 oz a day over six feeds.  I am lucky that he follows the EASY routine pretty well, eating every 3-4 hrs during the day, and does not eat at night (good thing since he is such a pig during the day!) He has slept through the night a few times but typically wakes up once for the paci to be put back in his mouth.  Lately though, he has been getting up 3x a night which is frustrating since he doesn't need a bottle and immediately stops crying once the paci is back in his mouth.  He is also coming unswaddled, which wakes him up as he still flaps his arms around like crazy. I rewrap him in his Halo, pop the paci in and he is good to go.  I will admit, he does nap on his tummy during the day and sleeps quit well (plus it makes his reflux feel better.)  What should I do about this coming unswaddled, popping the paci in his mouth and waking up mess?  How did you get your baby to tolerate being unswaddled?  I guess I could just stick it out and buy him the larger Halo, but I know once he can roll to his back he will sleep there. I know that it could be worse, but man, this is getting old!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Project Unswaddle, STTN and other night time wowes...

• Options
    vflipovflipo member
    Did he already have his 3m growth spurt? DD was waking at night because she was hungry for 5 days. But, she only eats about 24-28oz during the day. When he sleeps on his tummy, is he swaddled? We tried to swaddle DD to get her to sleep on her back at night, but she was not having it. So, she sleeps exclusively on her tummy (except at daycare, they won't do it unless there's a medical reason and a doctor's note, so she doesn't nap well there). I don't feel comfortable swaddling her on her tummy, since she can roll if she wants/needs to and it's harder in a swaddle. Also, check out the Wubbanub. DD has a puppy one, and she will keep it in her mouth, and pet it which is so cute, until she's good and asleep.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Options

Maybe try swaddling but leaving the arms free for a few nights- that's what we did with DS and now he's completely swaddle free.  Once he started shifting around in his crib, we were completely over it- done- haven't looked back since.  Thankfully, he's adjusted pretty easily.  GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mj hates being swaddled but I have used sleep sacks which he loves. Nothing to come undone and they can still wiggle as needed as well as have freedom of their arms. 

• Options
    StephDKStephDK member
    Thanks for the advice...we don't put him on his tummy swaddled, and may try to not swaddle at all tonight...wish me luck!
  • Options
    imageGracieMaeLovey:

Maybe try swaddling but leaving the arms free for a few nights- that's what we did with DS and now he's completely swaddle free.  Once he started shifting around in his crib, we were completely over it- done- haven't looked back since.  Thankfully, he's adjusted pretty easily.  GL!

We're in the middle of doing this right now. C kept wiggling his arms up and out of the sleep sack swaddle, so the past 2 nights we've swaddled him at the waist instead of around his arms, just to keep him warm. The first night was awful.. I was up 6 times soothing him and helping him get back to sleep. The second night he only woke up 3 times, and went back to sleep much more easily. I hope we're on the road to being swaddle free and STTN again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"