March 2011 Moms
Options

If someone watches your baby in THEIR home ...

What do you keep at their house for your LO? Mackenzie is starting to go to a friend's house Monday-Thursday in two weeks. This woman is AWESOME. DH knows her husband and he thought that the baby she kept previously was her grandchild because the few times he saw her she was taking the baby to the park or for pictures with santa and was interacting so lovingly. She is the mother of a son who just went off to college this year and is giving us an amazing price- it seems like she doesn't need the money, she just loves babies.

Back to my question. This woman said that I could leave as much or as little as I wanted at her house. She said "whatever Mackenzie needs to feel comfortable" including any large items (like a bouncer).

What should I leave there? On Mondays I will bring diapers and wipes for the week, and I will bring BM & bottles each day for her. I will keep an extra outfit (two?) in her diaper bag and rotate in as needed. Diaper rash cream & lotion will go in her bag. Mackenzie LOVES her swing so much, but I don't want to give up the swing we have in our kitchen because that's where she goes when I cook dinner, wash dishes, & do laundry. Would you buy a second portable swing? How about a bumbo seat & play mat? A few books?

I wish I could stay home with LO, but I can't, so I am trying to suck it up and make it as great of an experience as I can for her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If someone watches your baby in THEIR home ...

• Options
    My dad watches LO part of the day. We have a pack n play and bassinet at their house, as well as a car seat, bottles, formula and wipes. He has an activity gym there, books, toys and blankets and outfits that we refresh as needed. I bring his diaper bag and the day's supply of cloth diapers when I drop him off for the day. It's a different situation, obviously, since he's their grandchild, so we feel comfortable leaving a ton over there and swapping things back and forth as needed. 
  • Options

imagecirca1978:
    My dad watches LO part of the day. We have a pack n play and bassinet at their house, as well as a car seat, bottles, formula and wipes. He has an activity gym there, books, toys and blankets and outfits that we refresh as needed. I bring his diaper bag and the day's supply of cloth diapers when I drop him off for the day. It's a different situation, obviously, since he's their grandchild, so we feel comfortable leaving a ton over there and swapping things back and forth as needed. 

I'm so glad that you posted your list because it reminded me- I need to order another car seat base. Car seat will stay with Mackenzie at all times, and then bases go to babysitter, DH, and me. Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My friend's husband who is a stay at home dad w/ a 2 year old watched Caleb MWF while I'm at work (I'm able to work from home T/Th). We just started last week so I brought over 15 four oz bags of frozen breast milk, 4 bottles w/ nipples, a huge box of disposables diapers, a tub of wipes and a refill pack, 3 outfits, 6 burp cloths, 6 bibs, a wub-a-nub, important info like pedi, typed up info of feeding schedule, napping schedule, etc. and I bring the LO in the car seat.

They have a lot of their baby stuff already like a pack n play and swing so they brought those out for Caleb. It's nice because I get text and picture updates throughout the day. We only have this arrangement for a month since we'll be moving in July.

my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • Options
    i take care of children in my home and you've pretty much got everything covered.  you'll def. want somewhere for her to sleep and somewhere to sit and play.  i don't think you want her to be holding your LO ALL the time;)  i would pack at least 2-3 outfits.  my daycare baby has gone through 2 in one day!  very important, a note with all your important numbers on it.  work, cell, daddy's cell, and dr.  i keep one taped to the inside of a cupboard door. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"