Indiana Babies

AW: Bought our stroller today!

BOBs are 15% off at REI this week, so we went ahead and just did it.  I've been stalking CL for awhile now but haven't found a deal that was all that much better than a new stroller with the discount.  Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

We totally don't need this for a long time, but I'm so glad to finally have something for the baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The transformation to Mom car begins.

Re: AW: Bought our stroller today!

• rachesraches member
    I love it!  Can't pass up a good deal!  I need to learn more about strollers so I'm hoping you can educate me!  By the way, is that a new car I see?!?!?
    Owen and Olivia born on November 2, 2011 at 30.5 weeks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's exactly the stroller we have. TOTALLY worth the $$! It pushes like a *dream* and is really versatile. Buy the carseat adapter if you haven't already. It won't be long until you'll be pushing little baby SweetTea around!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I love my BOB!  I got the deal of all deals on CL ($95 including adapter), but I know those are few and far between.  If I had to do it again, I would have gotten a snap & go for the car and then a nice stroller like a BOB and skipped the travel system stroller.  I sold my chicco and snap and go and made most of the money back (I got both used from friends). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • how exciting!!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageraches:
    I love it!  Can't pass up a good deal!  I need to learn more about strollers so I'm hoping you can educate me!  By the way, is that a new car I see?!?!?

I saw a duallie on sale and thought of you!  I'm pretty sure that Emily bought the Revolution duallie when she got pg...check out her blog announcement in January.  My deciding factor in going with the BOB as opposed to a cheaper jogger is that everyone loves it and it's something that I know we'll use a lot, especially with Brent's running.

What SusieDMB describes in her post is what I'm planning to do - BOB with car seat adapter, Baby Trend Snap 'n Go for store errands, etc., and an umbrella stroller for when the baby's older.  A lot of advice I got on here steered me away from the travel system, and I think it should work out well. 

• imagemarleysmom:
    That's exactly the stroller we have. TOTALLY worth the $$! It pushes like a *dream* and is really versatile. Buy the carseat adapter if you haven't already. It won't be long until you'll be pushing little baby SweetTea around!

I almost bought the car seat adapter yesterday, but decided to wait and add it to our registry instead.  Do you have the rain shield?  I definitely want the cupholder, too.  I'm gonna pimp..my..stroller!

Brent said he wants to get out and run with it today, just for fun.  I can't really say I blame him...it is so smooth!   

• imageSusieDMB:
    I love my BOB!  I got the deal of all deals on CL ($95 including adapter), but I know those are few and far between.  If I had to do it again, I would have gotten a snap & go for the car and then a nice stroller like a BOB and skipped the travel system stroller.  I sold my chicco and snap and go and made most of the money back (I got both used from friends). 

Oh I remember!  The lowest Iegimate price I've seen is $300, and to drive across town (maybe), coordinate with someone, etc...well I just gave up.  You always find the best deals, Kari! 

• rachesraches member
    imageSweetTea*83:

imageraches:

I saw a duallie on sale and thought of you!  I'm pretty sure that Emily bought the Revolution duallie when she got pg...check out her blog announcement in January.  My deciding factor in going with the BOB as opposed to a cheaper jogger is that everyone loves it and it's something that I know we'll use a lot, especially with Brent's running.

What SusieDMB describes in her post is what I'm planning to do - BOB with car seat adapter, Baby Trend Snap 'n Go for store errands, etc., and an umbrella stroller for when the baby's older.  A lot of advice I got on here steered me away from the travel system, and I think it should work out well. 

Yes, Emily did buy the duallie.  That is what I want too!  I am holding off for awhile though for several reasons because the infant car seat adapter for the duallie is only for one seat, and you aren't supposed to run with them until 7-8 months.  So my thoughts are that I won't really be able to use it until they are 7-8 months.  I need another stroller that can hold two infant car seats.  Right?  Isn't that how that works? 

Owen and Olivia born on November 2, 2011 at 30.5 weeks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageraches:
    imageSweetTea*83:

imageraches:

Yes, Emily did buy the duallie.  That is what I want too!  I am holding off for awhile though for several reasons because the infant car seat adapter for the duallie is only for one seat, and you aren't supposed to run with them until 7-8 months.  So my thoughts are that I won't really be able to use it until they are 7-8 months.  I need another stroller that can hold two infant car seats.  Right?  Isn't that how that works? 

True.  Now that you mention it, I do remember reading that you can't put two car seat adapters on the duallie.  I wonder if there are any jogging strollers where you can have two infant seats?  I did a quick google search and didn't find anything right away.  I wonder if that would be too cumbersome, to try running with two infant seats?  I read some conversation on the runner's world chat board.  It sounds like lots of women started running again right away by using the infant car seat adapters, but stayed on smooth pavement out of fear of tipping the stroller.  So maybe a travel system would be good for you for the first year, then switch to a jogger?  Hmmmm...  

• We have to cupholder/console attachment and can't imagine using the stroller without it. We do have a generic raincover, but honestly have never used it. I guess I'm a wus - if it's raining that hard, I'm not going to be out running with the kid.

We did not get a travel system but did what you and Susie described. Aside from the BOB we got a Snap n' Go, then later got an umbrella stroller. I think all of that worked out great. When we found out we were pregnant with #2 I snapped up a great Sit n' Stand off of Craigslist and that has been perfect so far. I'm not enough of a hardcore runner to warrant a double jogger, but I'd definitely go with the Dualie if I was.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yay!  Great stroller!  I haven't even begun to think about strollers yet, but probably will in several weeks.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"