New to The Bump
Options

Hello!

Hi, I am new to the site.

My husband of 3+ years and I have just starting trying to conceive. In fact, I haven't even been off the pill a whole week yet. There are a lot of conflicting bits of information out there and I doubt asking any questions will give me definitive answers when it comes to conceiving. But, since I'm new at this, I wanted to say hello.

I have a question for anyone who has been in the same situation: I was on Depo Provera for about 6 years, got off it for a little over a year (during which I had a regular cycle), got back on it for 2 years, then switched to Yasmin - which I took straight through after consulting with my GYN - and I have recently stopped the BC totally. I have skipped 5 days now, and while we have been trying, I'm sure there are some odd consequences of bypassing a cycle for this long. Has anyone taking a prolonged BC like Depo, Seasonale or maybe taking a regular BC straight thru and skipping the inactive week had any problems with trying to conceive?

My cousin is almost 5 months and got pregnant within 2 weeks of stopping her pill, but I think she was allowing a regular cycle. I talked with a pharmacist who said skipping periods really isn't a big deal, but now I have no idea what my normal cycle is or when I might ovulate, or if I did when I stopped the pill, or if I will after a period .... etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated so I can change my plans as needed!

Thanks!

Re: Hello!

• Options
    MeenaJoMeenaJo member

I conceived the first month I stopped taking Yaz but it ended up being a chemical pregnancy. The doctor said that BC makes the lining in your uterus not as think so it's not ideal for the fertilized egg to implant. We waited a month to regulate my cycle and then conceived again the next month successfully. He told us next time we decide to start trying for another baby to go off BC at least a month or two before really trying to give my uterus time to build up a good lining. Oh, and of course start taking prenatals as soon as you think you're going to start trying!

Hope that helps some!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"