Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Sit and Stand stroller dilemma

I only know of three brands of sit n stand strollers: Baby Trend, Joovy, and Mia Moda.  The Baby Trend is the only one in stores around here.  I'm bummed because I really wanted to compare all of these in person.

I'm hesitant to just get the Baby Trend because the back seat only goes to 40lb and the other two go to 45lb. DS is already 32lbs.

Should I just get the Baby Trend?  Order the other two online and then send back whichever I don't like?

WWYD?  Give me reviews if you have 'em! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sit and Stand stroller dilemma

• Options
    The Joovy is the lightest one, so if you're concerned at all about your own ability to lift the thing, that's something to consider. Other than that, all 3 of them are basically exactly the same.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member

I'd wait a while and see if your DS really grows very fast. My DS1 (now 2.5) has been hovering around 30 pounds for over a year. He just keeps getting taller and thinner. He was 30.6 pounds at his 2y visit, and now he's still not quite 32 pounds.

So the 40 pound limit might not be that big of a deal.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I test drove the baby trend one at TRU and it was really big and heavy compared to my Chicco Cortina.  I ended up ordering the Joovy Ultralight Caboose from BRU.  I did it over the phone with them beings they won't order it in store for you and use any coupons.  I ended up saving around $60 when I bought it since it was on sale and then I had other coupons.  It is lightweight and I was lifting it off and on the bus at Disney World. 

Here are things I like about the stroller:  It is very easy to steer, lighweight, has a large canopy, comes with the parent organizer and the infant carrier attachment, and I like the option my daughter has to sit or ride on the back.

Things I don't like:  There is no strap across the back so if my daughter is standing she can easily fall off if she isn't holding on very good, the access to the storage basket it not very easily accessible when your child is on the back.  I don't like that you have to slide it out and the opening is not very big and a pain to get things in and out since you can't see what you are doing.  Oh, another downfall is the child tray doesn't have a hinge.  It's either on or off.  This isn't a big deal really for us since we can just lift the child in and out, but my daughter can't get up in the front seat by herself. 

I haven't used it with the infant carrier and a toddler yet, but I have used it with 2 toddlers.  The heavier one was on the front and it was still easy to steer.  It really doesn't seem much longer than my Chicco Cortina.

My SIL just bought a Fisher Price sit and stand stroller off craigslist and I wish they still made them.  It is just like a normal stroller with access to the under storage in the back. 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"