Illinois Babies
Options

Immunizations

So annoying, but our insurance only covers $500 a year in immunizations and we have already hit that at our 2 month visit.  Our doctor suggested going to a free clinic in the city, so we didn't have to pay so much.  He said that the prices for immunizations at most practices including his office were ridiculous.  Anyway, not feeling great about going to the free clinics, but thought I'd check if anyone could suggest one over another or had any advice! Thanks!!Smile

Re: Immunizations

• Options

Check out the health department in your county.  I haven't had to do this but my sister (who lives out of state) had do to this for a few of her kids' immunizations.  They offer them at a discounted rate.

• Options

Our pedi asked us if we know how our insurance covers immunizations, because they would have suggested a clinic as well ,if our insurance didn't cover them.

My mil is a registered nurse and on staff at one of the local hospitals and twice a month she works at the clinics out this way giving immunizations. Its a great option instead of paying up the rear at the pedis office.

See if there is one that your pedi recommends over another.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would be grateful that you insurance covers something.  My insurance covers no baby wellness or immunizations.  Just for my DD to get a well baby check up, I pay $175.00.  Your county should offer discounted immunizations.  We end up paying $15.00 per shot going through the county.  You can call your local village hall for information.  Best of Luck - health care is expensive for kids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"