VBAC

special birth class for VBAC?

when I was pg with DS, we took a weekend long birth class, and had arranged for a doula.  but my boy had other ideas, was frank breech and we found out too late to try and do a version.  so he was a planned c/s.

anyway, my ob is totally supportive of a VBAC, but i was wondering if there is anything special in terms of a birth class that VBACers would benefit from?  

TIA 

Re: special birth class for VBAC?

• We took Bradley classes. They weren't geared towards VBAC or anything, but I sort of felt like since I never went into labor the first time, I was sort of like a first time mom. I really liked how much the classes educated my husband.

I know a local birth education center here did a class just for VBAC mamas, but I think that was mostly to help get past any mental roadblocks.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We have a yoga studio nearby that focuses on pregnant women and new moms.  They did a VBAC workshop that I went to, and that was great.  I haven't really seen any birthing classes directed towards VBACing moms. 

But I do plan on taking a birthing class at the same studio that focuses more on natural birth.  I took a series of classes when I was pg with my first, but they were through the hospital and didn't really help much.  I figure that the natural birth class and the VBAC workshop combined will do.  

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"