Northern California Babies
Options

Gender Reveal Party gift?

I have a gender reveal party I am going to on Saturday and still need to get a gift. What does one bring to a 2nd child's shower when they don't know the sex? Diapers? Any other suggestions?

Re: Gender Reveal Party gift?

• Options
    GCs!!!  Target or BRU!  (I know that doesn't sound very personal, but they are so appreciated!)  Diapers are always good too.  :)
  • Options

Is it implyed that a gift is customary?  I didn't think that was the case for these things, and assumed it was mostly for family/close friends & an excuse for food, drink, company, etc.

I've never been, so I'm no expert, but I wouldn't have thought to bring anything other than a congratulatory card.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSmuches4u:

Is it implyed that a gift is customary?  I didn't think that was the case for these things, and assumed it was mostly for family/close friends & an excuse for food, drink, company, etc.

I've never been, so I'm no expert, but I wouldn't have thought to bring anything other than a congratulatory card.

I am sure I could come giftless but I dont want to.
  • Options

imagekittylove:

I am sure I could come giftless but I dont want to.

I understand.  GC's like Kelli suggeted.  Or toiletry stuff, washes, powders, butt paste, washcloths, towel, comb, brush.  Not sure how big you want to go, but I'm sure just a little something would be appreciated.  Maybe a gender neutral sleep sack or swaddler?

• Options
    I would just be safe and take a bottle of the wine for the host, and not bother getting anything for baby at this date.
  • Options
    I vote diapers.  People gave us so many diapers and diaper gift cards (you can get them from pampers.com) that we didn't have to buy diapers for M until he was in size 2.  It was great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Is it a reveal or a shower? That's confusing... because 2nd showers only imply gifts, imo, where there is a huge age difference or a sex difference between the kids.

Of course, if it's a close friend, it's hard to not want to throw lots of gifts on them, no matter what the sex of the baby :D In that case, I think GCs are best. You never know if kiddo is going to be sensitive to a certain brand of dipe (or if they're going ot CD).

• Options
    Hum for a sprinkle I would bring a gift because I am like that, but honestly if I were invited to a reveal party I don't think I would bring a gift. Unless this is doubling as her sprinkle. I would likely bring something food related to share but that is about it.
  • Options
    It isn't a shower or sprinkle but since she isn't having one of those (kids close in age) I want to do a gift. At this point I think I will go with Target GC with a note in the card about using it for diapers. Thank you everyone for your opinions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"