School-Aged Children

End of School Year Traditions?

My dd is 6 and will be done with 1st grade this year, i have already put in to take a half day off of work ,and pick her up at school as a surprise. (I work a lot and havent been able to go on field trips) Any ideas on what to do with a 1st grader for an afternoon? Looking for something different than a movie or park playdate.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: End of School Year Traditions?

• paint your own pottery store to paint a picture frame...she can put a pic from 1st grade in it.

zoo

mommy/daughter spa day

• miniature golf

chuck e cheese

bounce house

water park

mommy daughter manicures?

• Loading the player...
  • MrsSRMrsSR member
    The zoo!!!
  • I will probably leave work early and take DS to the putt putt/lazer tag place.  I might see if some of his friends want to join us too.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • We have a bunch of friends over for a pizza party (the kids have a half day).  If the weather is nice enough we do water balloons, the sprinkler, and the kiddie pool too.
  • This is kind of a goofy tradition, but for the past few years, I've taken my kids out to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen on the last day of school or the first day of summer. I'm a teacher, so it's the first day of summer for me, too.  School always ends during the week before Father's Day, and we usually go camping on Father's Day.  The camping trip makes us feel like summer has REALLY finally started!

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • If your child loves animals you can take her to sea world or for a more educational trip you can go to a museum perhaps. you can teach her all about dinosaurs just like ice age 3: dawn of the dinosaurs:)
  • jlw2505jlw2505 member
    I know a lot of my friends head out for ice cream and lunch if school gets out before lunch.  One friend does the zoo every year.  I love the idea of ice cream and getting your nails done - such a fun girly way to start the summer!
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"