TTC After a Loss

My cervix (WAY tmi)

The entire cervix checking for me is all new for this cycle. I've really only ever checked my CM before, which after lots of research and digging through photos on Google (yeah, that gets gross) I've come to a decent handle of the CM. But the position and how it feels...yeah, I'm a work in progress.

Here's my question.  The past 3 days, I've been feeling and where it's not as high as it has been, maybe medium?...it is easy for me to feel. And, how it feels is what I'm confused by. It feel like...wet, slippery, sort of soft and kind of like...ok don't laugh, when you pucker your lips into a dramatic kiss. How do I mark that on my chart and simply WTH is it doing?? I've been using my default "high" because I'm so confused. I referred to my books that I have and they're honestly not helping (WTE Before You're Expecting and a prepping for pregnancy from the base, I think that ones an old edition but should be ok.) Help.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My cervix (WAY tmi)

• I don't know the answer, but wanted to note it really isn't TMI here, no worries :P Nothing really is TMI in the TTC world, ha. 
    imageVincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome image
    baby
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageemeraudecephiro:
    I don't know the answer, but wanted to note it really isn't TMI here, no worries :P Nothing really is TMI in the TTC world, ha

lol, thank you :) I've been googling and not really getting an answer. I think for now I'll leave it marked as "high" til I figure it out.

• Loading the player...
  • Did you read up on it on FF? There's some good info.  Based on your chart and the fact that you clearly O'ed already, I guess at this point it doesn't matter what your CP is.  Next month (hopefully there isn't one!!) pay attention to it when you get your +OPKs and you will see how much higher and softer it feels then the rest of the month.  That was the only time I can tell a distinguishable difference, right at O time. Good luck!!

BFP#1 2/4/11 m/c 3/4/11
    ?BFP#2 6/3/11 EDD 2/14/11?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When TTC the last time, it took a full cycle for me to get the hang of what was high, medium, low, soft, firm, closed, open etc. for me.  I was really confused at first, like you are, but once I felt the difference between high/soft/open (fertile) and low/firm/closed (just after AF), it clicked.  After you O, you'll notice that your cervix  and CM is all over the place.  That's why during the 2WW, you cannot rely on your cervix or CM to tell you whether or not you might be pregnant.  After AF, you should be able to notice the gradual changes leading up to O. 

Just give yourself time to get familiar with what your body is doing throughout your cycle.  It will click for you soon.

• Thanks so much ladies. The "puckered lip" one is a new one for me. I decided the check throughout this whole cycle so I can learn more about my cervix basically. I figure through one whole cycle I will have more insight on what my cervix really does. :) Hopefully the "puckered lip" one is ok, lol.
  • I can't offer advice, but I just wanted to let you know your not alone. I never realized all the things we can do...never knew I could feel my cervix, let alone judge the position and chart. Maybe in a few months I will be a pro at it (hopefully I won't have the practice, and my 2ww will be followed by a BFP). But this forum has been so helpful, and these ladies are amazing...and if anyone can explain it to us I know it's these wonderful ladies! Best of luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1-02/21/11 Missed M/C Twins-03/25/11 EDD-11/04/11
    BFP#2-10dpo- 05/27/11 EDD 02/03/12
    Our miracle Aidan James born 01/25/12!!
  • I am still trying to figure out mine too :)

I have found tons of info on www.beautifulcervix.com. Very tasteful and informative.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imageBarooGirl:

I am still trying to figure out mine too :)

I have found tons of info on www.beautifulcervix.com. Very tasteful and informative.

Great website! 

• This may sound crazy, but I can't find mine!?!? I have tried a couple times but it's like I can't reach it or something. So what position are you guys in when you feel for it? P.s. The puckered lips visual cracked me up!
  • I think I have felt what you are describing and for me it occurs prior to AF. It's when the cervix feels puffy and swollen. I normally just chart "closed" and sounds like "medium" for you. Good luck.

• imageLoriJ11:
    This may sound crazy, but I can't find mine!?!? I have tried a couple times but it's like I can't reach it or something. So what position are you guys in when you feel for it? P.s. The puckered lips visual cracked me up!

Where are you in your cycle?  If you're approaching O, it may be too high for you to reach.  I can reach mine when sitting on the toilet, but you may have luck in the squatting position (I know, it sounds ridiculous, but you gotta do what you gotta do).  Also, it's easier to reach after a bowel movement (just make sure you wash your hands well before feeling--you don't want to transfer any fecal matter to your cervix).  It's lowest and easiest to reach just after AF, so you may have to wait until then.  Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"