Illinois Babies

How do you choose a day care?

I'm sort of lost on how to find the best day care or nanny option for my LO (due in October) for when I go back to work..same thing goes for finding a pediatrician.  I love searching yelp to get reviews for good recommendations in the city, but we're moving to the suburbs and I can't seem to get the same type of reviews/results when searching for providers in the suburbs.  Where do you guys look for these types of providers?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How do you choose a day care?

• dup post

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we live in the city and both work in the burbs- DH is one direction, me in another. we didn't want the baby in the city while we were working in case baby needed us right away so we opted to keep the baby near one of our jobs. and because my job is more anal about start and finish times, we went with a place near my work. i looked everywhere- online (yellow pages, google maps!, message boards), driving around, etc.

i gathered names of places near my work and contacted them to see about wait lists, prices, etc. then i went to look at some and then DH came when i narrowed it down (using instincts primarly) again. then we both agreed on the one she's been at for over a year now.

we opted to put her in to a center (which has been nothing shy of awesome) because we couldn't find any personal recommendations for in-home care and a nanny was out of the question since we wanted her close to our work.

as for a pediatrician, your OBGYN might have suggestions. we chose ours after we "interviewed" with him after he came highly recommended via a friends Pedi.

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • as friends, co-workers that you trust, family. You could try NPN though I don't know how much info you'll get, I guess it depends on the suburb.
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"