August 2011 Moms

I got a shot in my tush!

I went in today for my 28 week checkup and my rhogam shot. I didnt know it was going in my butt -- I've never had a shot there before. So, I bent over the table with my booty hanging out, the nurse pinched up some flab, and I screamed "ouch" SO LOUD!! I was dying, laughing hysterically for screaming from getting a shot and in tears from the pain. OMG! It hurt SO much! Way worse than a shot in the arm. I totally was NOT expecting that! The scream came out of no where and was beyond my control. The laughing came from embarrassment that I screamed...that was at 145p...I'm still cracking up about it!
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I got a shot in my tush!

• If it really hurt the person that gave you the shot didn't do a very good job. I've had several shots in the tush and they have never hurt.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGingerCupcake:
    If it really hurt the person that gave you the shot didn't do a very good job. I've had several shots in the tush and they have never hurt.

I was thinking the same thing!!! Usually shots hurt because of the medication being injected, not because of the needle.  I give shots in the rear all the time and people rarely complain.

• Loading the player...
  • Rhogam stings like a mofo for some reason.  I hate getting the shots but I can't believe you screamed. lol

• I got Rhogam in the arm and it didn't hurt at all.  Sorry you had to have it in the butt.
    BFP 11/10/13 due July 20th, 2014
    TTC #2 July 2013
    DS #1 8/12/2011

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maybe I have a high pain tolerance? I've had 4 rhogam shots now, 3 with the last pregnancy and 1 so far in this pregnancy and none of them have stung, a tiny tingle and that was all.
  • im surprised it hurt. usually the fattier the area, the less pain. i have to give myself shots in the belly daily and the bigger i get the less fat there is to pinch so consequently the shots hurt more each day. sorry she caught you so off guard! at least you could laugh about it! :)
    imageimage
  • imageGingerCupcake:
    Maybe I have a high pain tolerance? I've had 4 rhogam shots now, 3 with the last pregnancy and 1 so far in this pregnancy and none of them have stung, a tiny tingle and that was all.

I got one at 12 weeks-ish in the tush, and I agree, it didn't really hurt, hurt less than a blood draw I'd say. And for the record I'm a big giant babysaurus when it comes to shots. Maybe just a new alarming sensation for you OP?

Of course, I'm pretty chubby, like Mrs. Case said the more meat there is, the less it tends to hurt. (not the case with tattoos in my experience).

• imageshockleyh:

imageGingerCupcake:
    Maybe I have a high pain tolerance? I've had 4 rhogam shots now, 3 with the last pregnancy and 1 so far in this pregnancy and none of them have stung, a tiny tingle and that was all.

I got one at 12 weeks-ish in the tush, and I agree, it didn't really hurt, hurt less than a blood draw I'd say. And for the record I'm a big giant babysaurus when it comes to shots. Maybe just a new alarming sensation for you OP?

Of course, I'm pretty chubby, like Mrs. Case said the more meat there is, the less it tends to hurt. (not the case with tattoos in my experience).

HA! YAY! I'm not the only one that likes being tattooed on the bone better than on the fleshy flab of my love handles! My uber-meaty sides hurt WAY worse than on the spine, or even on my rib cage - in fact, the vibration of the gun was so intense on my ribs that it tickled somethin' fierce, and it was a struggle not to shake too much while laughing hysterically!

Yea, sorry - totally off topic.

As for shots in the butt - I used to be on Depo, and they always shot it in the tush...while the shot itself never really hurt, it did feel like I got punched really hard in the buttcheek for about 3 days...it was always so sore! I'm sorry you got so startled!

*edited for spelling error*

Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I've had it 6 times so far.  The very first time I got it it did hurt, partially because I tensed up when she did it.  I now have a specific technique for getting it- I put all my weight on my left leg so I can't tense up on the right side when I get pricked.
  • imagegooliahank:
    I got Rhogam in the arm and it didn't hurt at all.  Sorry you had to have it in the butt.

Me too! I got it at 16 weeks due to spotting , then again at 28 weeks both time in the arm. But, the second nurse was going to administer it in my butt and I said "NO! last time it was done on my arm!" lol So she had no choice, but to stick me in my arm, lol

• imagegooliahank:
    I got Rhogam in the arm and it didn't hurt at all.  Sorry you had to have it in the butt.

Mine was in my arm, too. The needle didn't hurt, just the injection 

• I have to get mine at my next appt but they told me that usually it hurts less in the butt due to the extra fat (which I have plenty of) so I'm not too concerned! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Well, I'm not sore in the injection spot, like the nurse said I would be, but I am concerned that it hurt so much when you all say it shouldnt hurt at all!! I dont make a PEEP when I get blood drawn or tetnus shots or flu shots...they're uncomfortable, but manageable. Maybe it was just the shock of a new sensation in my tush...I dont know. I've never yelled like that at the doctor's office ever!! I still find it funny....
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"