New York Babies

Where to get maternity clothes

Hi Ladies

I have never posted on this board before so let me tell you a little about myself first.  DH and I have been married for almost 5 years and are expecting our first littl one.  We are totally over the moon!

Now that I am 11 weeks, I am thinking that I need to have some maternity clothes on hand for when I need them.  I am a professional so I will need dress pants and work appropriate tops for the most part.  Along with some jeans and such.  

I am looking for suggestions on where to purchase moderately priced clothes.  I don't mind spending 50-80 on pants and around the same on tops.  I am not sure where to start.  I tried destination maternity yesterday and that was a huge FAIL!

Please help! 

Re: Where to get maternity clothes

• At Herald Square, the Gap (upstairs floor, near the baby section) has some more professional stuff. For more casual maternity clothing, I went to Old Navy. I also found some good stuff at Pea in a Pod at Macy's.

• Destination Maternity at 57th & Madison!

Skip the Pea in the Pod Boutique on the first floor and head right upstairs.  Great clothes at a range of prices (the Motherhood line is particularly reasonable), and wonderful service - free water/juice, helpful salespeople, etc. Definitely worth a trip.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oops just saw in your op that you already tried it.  Sorry to hear it was such a fail for you; my partner was very happy with the selection & the clothes she purchased.

H&M has maternity clothes, I believe, as well as Gap and Old Navy as previously mentioned. Herald Square trip!

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • If you are ever in the burbs, I heard that Kohls has a very good Maternity Dept.  Target does as well, but I heard Kohls is better. 
  • I love H&M on 34th like pp stated.  Upstairs they have a great selection though small.  I got my pants there and tried to buy regular clothes just a bit bigger.  Also some cheaper stores from soho area i.e. Joyce Leslie, for more fun and casual clothes, not maternity but fit and are cute.
    Mother to beautiful 7 year old son, and little girl born in July Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"