Multiples
Options

I think the potty is worse than diapers...

I am constantly asking if anyone has to go on the potty, cleaning up pee off the floor and a trip out of the house takes twice as long now because we have to spend 30 minutes in every public restroom that we see. 

Tell me it gets easier.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket

Re: I think the potty is worse than diapers...

• Options

This is truly why I put off potty training! My daughter is finally interested in sitting on the potty, but deep down I think diapers are easier!

One of my friends just potty trained her 3 year old twins. The other day they went to Target and they had 2 bathroom breaks. Target trips are hard enough with little ones, but 2 potty breaks? Help. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I completely agree!
    Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    regenabregenab member

It has gotten easier here. They are pretty good now about telling me when they have to go. If I see the pee pee dance, then I ask. I also keep a potty in the back of the Pilot for those times when we have already left the store and suddenly at the car I hear "I got to go pee pee Mamma." Ughhh, we.just.left.the.store, you have got to be kidding me. Thank goodness for the potty in the car.

Oh and my rule is if we have more than one accident (per kid) at the park/playground, then we go home. One accident, I am ok with, multiple accidents in one outing means they are not stopping to go on the potty and they need to learn we all have to stop fun things to go potty when we need to. This works to get them to stop playing at the park and use the potty.

The past week has been even better than the past month, so I think they are just finally getting into the groove of this no more diaper thing. It Will Get Better!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm not gonna lie, I am dreading potty training.  Sure, it will be nice no to have to buy diapers but I am like a camel and (except while pregnant), I NEVER have to stop to go to the rest room so it is going to be a big adjustment to have to stop so frequently. 
  • Options
    I'm not gonna lie, I am dreading potty training.  Sure, it will be nice no to have to buy diapers but I am like a camel and (except while pregnant), I NEVER have to stop to go to the rest room so it is going to be a big adjustment to have to stop so frequently.  Obviously, I will do what needs to be done
  • Options
    I'm not gonna lie, I am dreading potty training.  Sure, it will be nice no to have to buy diapers but I am like a camel and (except while pregnant), I NEVER have to stop to go to the rest room so it is going to be a big adjustment to have to stop so frequently.  Obviously, I will do what needs to be done though - duty
  • Options
    I'm not gonna lie, I am dreading potty training.  Sure, it will be nice no to have to buy diapers but I am like a camel and (except while pregnant), I NEVER have to stop to go to the rest room so it is going to be a big adjustment to have to stop so frequently.  Obviously, I will do what needs to be done though - duty calls.
  • Options
    I'm not gonna lie, I am dreading potty training.  Sure, it will be nice no to have to buy diapers but I am like a camel and (except while pregnant), I NEVER have to stop to go to the rest room so it is going to be a big adjustment to have to stop so frequently.  Obviously, I
  • Options
    I'm not gonna lie, I am dreading potty training.  Sure, it will be nice no to have to buy diapers but I am like a camel and (except while pregnant), I NEVER have to stop to go to the rest room so it is going to be a big adjustment to have to stop so frequently.  Obviously, I will do what
  • Options
    I'm not gonna lie, I am dreading potty training.  Sure, it will be nice no to have to buy diapers but I am like a camel and (except while pregnant), I NEVER have to stop to go to the rest room so it is going to be a big adjustment to have to stop so frequently.  Obviously, I will do what needs top
  • Options
    I'm not gonna lie, I am dreading potty training.  Sure, it will be nice no to have to buy diapers but I am like a camel and (except while pregnant), I NEVER have to stop to go to the rest room so it is going to be a big adjustment to have to stop so frequently.  Obviously, I will do what needs to be done though 0
  • Options
    Oh for the love of pete.  I don't know what happened there but it won't let me delete any of the duplicates.  Sorry!
  • Options

We went through this at the end of last summer and I remember seriously wondering why I had potty trained at all!  It took about a month before the newness wore off and things were normal for outings.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"