St. Louis Babies

IVF multiple cycle banking with Sher Institute

Hey Ladies,I have a quick question for those working with SIRM, my husband and I met with Dr. Ahlering in St. Louis last week for a second opinion. I liked a lot of the things he said and they definetly made a lot of sense, especially when it came to things our current RE isnt doing. We discussed were to go from here and we will give IUI 1-2 more tries (after having already done 2) and then we discussed doing a 3 multiple cycle banking IVF. Has anyone done this and if so how does it differ from a regular IVF cycle? Also what are the costs associated with multi cycle banking? On a side not if your from the St. Louis area and have used Dr. Ahlering what did you think of him and the SIRM St. Louis Location? Thanks Ladies!

Re: IVF multiple cycle banking with Sher Institute

• I didn't use him we went with Dr. Pearlstone and had sucess with the first round. I just want to wish you luck! 

I had 18 eggs removed and only two were viable in time for the implant. The others were not bankable so we would have had to start over.

I would ask what is their rate of success using frozen embryos over "fresh"?  Multi cycle banking isn't anything I had looked into. We had been trying for 3 years and didn't want to postpone anything any longer than needed. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • colfam1colfam1 member

I didn't have your exact situation, but I have just started a blog about my experience so far with SIRM and Fertility Partnership. The cost structure at SIRM was really off-putting to me.  Luckily, (through someone else's blog) I found Dr. Simckes. 

What I learned about SIRM is that it is very "corporate" in how it operates.  This is a organization out of Las Vegas and the profit they make from the shared risk cost structure is astronomical.  Not for me!

https://myinconceivablejourney.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"