New Orleans Babies

Ochsner?

Hello ladies...

My husband and I are currently trying to get pregnant.
I've been seeing Dr. Nicole Charbonnet at Ocshner. I like her and will probably stick with her but i'm just curious to hear other womens experiences.

Anyone that delivered at Ochsner...how was your experience and who was your doctor? 

Thanks in advance! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ochsner?

• pea-kaypea-kay member

I delivered at Ochsner. I loved it. But I had a very high risk pregnancy so I saw the MFMs there, and one of them (Dr Robichaux) delivered the boys. I hope you don't have to go that route! :)

Good luck!

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • I see Dr Kruger and I love her. There is nothing I would change about my delivery at Ochsner.

BabyFetus Ticker 
    harry potter addict. fiber obsessed. 
    || KP 10.04.10 || EA 04.28.12 || LC expected 8.29.14 ||
    my bfp chart: Bebeh Fluff's Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks so much! That is very reassuring and exactly what I needed to hear!
  • star173star173 member

I liked ochsner. They are currently trying to reduce their c/s rate, so induction happy doctors (like dr. charbonnet...at least she was with 3 of my friends) are not able to do that anymore. Most nurses were very nice and helpful, and it's rather easy to avoid their routine procedures if you don't want them, just talk to your doctor about your birth preferences.

My doctor was Dr. Candace Moore...wonderful. I can't say enough good things about her. She was calm, knowledgeable, and didn't bat an eye when I told her I wanted a med free birth. She gave me the freedom to labor how I wanted to, and I totally trusted her that she would only intervene with the birth if there was a real reason.

Good luck! I think you'll have a good experience at Ochsner. :)

• Doctor Charbonnet was my doctor for my son.  She was nice, but I found out late that she wasn't too into the whole 'natural childbirth thing'.  She didn't end up delivering me, because she was preggo herself at the time (another suprise in my third trimester).  I guess all in all, she was good if you're looking to go epidural route, but she did try to scare me into a c-section after i passed my due date, my son was born six days late.  Not trying to scare you, but just telling you my experience...

• Good info. Something to keep in mind about Charbonnet for sure. I'm not sure if i'll go the natural route or not at this point but it's nice to know where she stands on the issue.

• I delivered at Ochsner and my OB is Dr. Kruger.  I love her!  I saw some of the MFM doctors as well b/c I had some issues with my pregnancy.  I LOVED Dr. Robicheaux and Dr. Canzonieri -- but you really don't want to have to see them since that means your pregnancy is considered high risk. 

DS was born at 34w5d the day after Thanksgiving, so my doctor was on vacation.  A few residents assisted and Dr. Morris (the young one) delivered DS.  If for some reason I have to switch from Dr. Kruger, I would switch to him.  He was great.  

DS spent 12 days in the NICU.  Hopefully you won't have to experience this for yourself, but the NICU is one of the best in the state.  

Good luck! 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm glad you asked this question. I see dr. Charbonnet too. This is my second child, but my first while living in NOLA. I had my first son in Baton Rouge via emergency c-section. So, I will definitely have to deliver this one the same way, as there is no option to have a vbac. I'm just really worried about oschner. I'm so used to Woman's Hospital in BR, it's all I've ever known, and it freaks me out to have a new doctor and new hospital.
  • I see Dr. George Morris III (he is called Jody) and he is wonderful. Dr. Charbonnet actually delivered for me because my doctor couldnt get to the hosiptal in time and she did a great job. I dont know how she is in office visits but when it came down to labor and delivery she was awesome. Though I know Dr. Morris would have been just as great but, my LO came alot faster than they thought. :)

• Loved Ochsner, especially since everything I did was at main campus. My OB was Dr. Rajiv Gala and he was fabulous... out of town when DD was born but had excellent prenatal care (DD was born at 36w6d due to pre-e). Dr. Sargent ended up delivering but all of the drs and nurses were great. Had a special nurse named Megan even come back to see how everything went on her next shift. DD was in NICU for 5 days and I can't say enough good things about the NICU staff and lactation nurses. Since I was released before DD they let me stay and "room in" on that floor so I couls be with my baby. Smile The NICU lactation nurse even called my house to check in for weeks after we went home. If I could change anything I wouldn't have waited till shift change to ask for my epidural, lol, but it all ended up ok. I don't think I would have been able to "room in" at another hospital so easily and couldn't imagine leaving without my baby. Definitely an Ochsner fan!
    ~Steph

BFP 1.11.10 - Natural M/C 1.21.10 (5w5d)
    BFP 9.19.10 - Mia Lynn born 5.4.11 (36w6d)
    BFP 8.05.12 - waiting for Baby G2, edd 4.10.13

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • By bestie swears by Dr. Kruger. I saw her once for a procedure. She was wonderful and very patient! I highly recommend her!
  • imagepea-kay:

I delivered at Ochsner. I loved it. But I had a very high risk pregnancy so I saw the MFMs there, and one of them (Dr Robichaux) delivered the boys. I hope you don't have to go that route! :)

Good luck!

Haha, Dr. Robichaux actually delivered ME! Of course, this was 28 years ago when he was in McComb, MS. My mother raves about him too. :)

She also saw him at Ochsner a few years ago. I'm pretty sure he just retired recently, though.

• Nope, I work at Ochsner - he's still there. Also, he recently started have a clinic day at Ochsner Northshore in Slidell...

I personally see Dr. Sargent at Ochsner Main in Nola. Wonderful bedside manners. I have had a pretty easy pregnancy this far... 

• I'm still TTC.  I and my three siblings were all born at Oschsner.  My mom never had any complaints. Granted, this was 20-30 years ago, but that's my experience.
    Paige E. (Newlywed without a baby --- yet.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"