May 2011 Moms
Options

Q for those with freezer meal experience

My amazing sister somehow found the time to whip up a week's worth of food for us. But, she got all dishes to the stage where they're ready to cook, but froze them so we can bake them off ourselves. Is this safe? I know nothing about freezer meals but assumed you'd complete them by baking or whatever and then freeze, thaw and reheat when ready, not thaw and cook for the first time. Thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Q for those with freezer meal experience

• Options
    I guess it depends on how its put together. My concern would be the meat portion of the meal. I mean, you can freeze any kind of meat and then thaw and cook it, but you don't generally want that meat mixed with stuff if its raw. But then again you throw a raw roast into a crock pot with lots of veggies and that's fine, soooo my answer is- I dunno. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I made my meals from a freezer meal cookbook and they are all like this.  You put all the ingredients together and freeze without cooking.  Most say to de-thaw for 6-8 hours or overnight then reheat.  Some did have the meat already cooked, but some didn't.  Also, I think at least one has raw eggs in part of it and they won't get cooked until its unfrozen and reheated.  Make sure the center of the meal is heated to 165 degrees and everything should be fine. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm not sure there's even any raw meat in anything (looks like if there is any meat it was cooked), so it sounds like I'm okay. Appreciate the input :)
  • Options
    they're yummier that way! you have a great sister.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"