May 2011 Moms
Options

Baby Charlotte is here! Birth Story.

My last ob appointment was on Monday, the ninth... I was 6 days overdue.  I was then scheduled for an induction the following day...  Well that never happened!  Charlotte wanted to come on her own!

Monday afternoon, after the doctor appointment, I felt a little crampy, and somewhat sick... I assumed it was from the internal and paid no mind to it... I was also slightly upset that I was going to have to be induced rather that let labor come naturally.

That evening I felt really sick to my stomach, and had some more intense cramping... still thought nothing of it... I tried to eat and had to stop every so often because of the painful cramps... I then went to the bathroom... and noticed blood in the water.  This made me nervous considering I never, ever, had any bleeding whatsoever.  However, again, I had an internal that day and knew this could happen.

Finally... I started to realize the cramps I was experiencing were timetable... I was having contractions... by the time I realized it, they were coming every three minutes... I called the doctor and she told me to go in to the hospital and get checked.  At 10pm, I took a shower and was off, truly believing I would just be induced earlier than planned.

I got to the hospital and found out that my water had broken, ON IT'S OWN!!!  I was in labor without being induced! I was only 1.5cm though. I continued having contractions and at around 3am was given a little something in my I.V. to help me sleep so that I would have enough strength to push later.  At this point I was 4cm.

After waking up about two hours later, I continued through my contractions, and later asked for an epi... AMAZING relief!  I wasn't completely numb, I still felt the contractions, but they were bearable. I think I was at 6cm... not sure.  Later on I was given a little more to help me relax. 

At around 11:30 Tuesday morning I was told I was almost completely dilated, but there was just a little "lip" left.  I was put into a squatting position to help me become fully dilated.  This position was the most relaxing, I was leaning against the back of the hospital bed... strongly recommend this position!  

At 1pm I felt I was ready to push, the doctor told me I could try.  She said that she felt I would be pushing for a while, probably past 3pm.  My husband bet Charlotte would be born at 1:45...  I was pushing and my husband could see the head.  The doctor brought out a mirror and this made my pushes WAAAAAY more productive... I was able to see what I was doing and because of this I had Charlotte at 1:55 on May 10... only ten minutes off from my husband's guess.

Charlotte was 7lbs 15 oz and 19 3/4 long.  She is absolutely perfect!   I would post a pic if I knew how... At this point I can't even fix my siggy... I'll keep trying! 

Congrats to all the other May Mama's who already had their little ones, and good luck to those who are still waiting to meet their bundles of joy!  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Baby Charlotte is here! Birth Story.

• Options
    Congratulations on your little girl!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations on your baby girl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!image
  • Options
    Congratulations! I love her name!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"