North Carolina Babies
Options

transition to crib

When do most people do this?  We have Nate in a cosleeper in our room right now.  With Scott we kept him in it 3-4 months because I was terrified he was going to die since he was a preemie and had breathing problems.  But I remember that we both slept SO much better once he was in the crib.  Babies are noisy sleepers!!

Just wondering when most people transition from a cosleeper/basinette to the big crib.  I was thinking maybe at 6 or 8 weeks??  Or do people usually wait longer?  Just curious what most do.

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: transition to crib

• Options
    Nic transitioned to a crib at between 6-8 weeks. 
  • Options
    I moved R sometime b/t 5-6 weeks.  I slept so much better once we moved her.  I was a little nervous, but I had the video monitor right at my head. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I moved Mads to her room around 3-4 weeks. I am a bad sleeper anyway, and I wasn't sleeping at all, so I had to move her! She did great and I slept so much better.
  • Options
    Day 1 :o)
  • Options
    We did it about about 3 months too.  Not b/c I was paranoid, just because that's when we felt ready.  Our room is downstairs and the kids' rooms are upstairs, so we just felt comfortable waiting longer. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD was in our room for about 1.5 weeks, mostly because I felt like everyone else has their kid in their room at first so I should too. But, I realized that I wasn't sleeping at all and put her in her crib. Both of us slept like champs!
  • Options

I think I tried to move Savannah around 2 weeks, but it didn't go so well so she ended up sleeping with me for another month or two.

With Journey we started with the crib right away.  At first she did fine, but after a week or two - not so good.  So I bought a Nap Nanny and it worked for a couple of weeks (but still works great for naps), then I just gave up and put her  in bed with me.  At 4 months I tried the crib again and so far it's going well.  :)

I think Journey may have done better in the crib from the beginning if I had just let her be.  She has been able to roll over to her belly since the day we brought her home from the hospital.  I would put her in the crib on her back and she would roll over.  So I would flip her back over to her back.  She hated it, but I was nervous about letting her sleep on her belly.  I talked to the pedi and she said if she could roll over to just let her sleep that way.  Since then she's sleeping well.

Baby J is here! Born on her mama's birthday.

11 pounds, 7 ounces and 23" long at birth!

My Bio

• Options
    Caleb moved at 3 months. We did naps in the crib for about a week before moving him at night.
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    we moved him at 6 months Embarrassed because I wasn't ready for him to be away from me...but once we did move him we all slept better for sure. With DS #2 it'll be much earlier (depending on when we move DS #1) but I don't think I'll wait that long again.
  • Options
    I think this really varies based on personal comfort level.. But we moved DD at 4 weeks. Her room is like 10 feet away from ours though, so it wasn't too big of a deal.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    Around 3.5 to 4 mos with both, probably would have been sooner but their rooms are on opposite side of the house.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"