Washington Babies
Options

Daycare in Downtown or North Seattle

Hello all,

I'm 11 weeks along and starting to think about daycare.  I want to take 6-months off, but I've heard that waitlists at daycares are so long that I should start looking now.  I'm having trouble doing internet research - googling "best daycares in Seattle" hasn't worked well.  Any suggestions for finding ratings/reviews for daycares?  Anyone know what the best daycares are in North Seattle and downtown?  Thanks!

Re: Daycare in Downtown or North Seattle

• Options

I started with craigslist.  https://seattle.craigslist.org/kid/

There's also this website that has some great providers:

https://www.daycareresource.com/washington.html

I believe you can look on care.com as well.

Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck!

• Options

We live in Greenlake area - and work downtown.  We took my son to Bright Horizons Downtown.  LOVED IT!!!  Out friends take their daughter to Bright Horizons in U Village - they love it too!

But BH is a tad expensive ($1600/month) and there's a HUUUUUUUGE waiting list - I've heard it could be up to two years.  But if you pay a deposit, then you are secured on ALL the wait lists for ALL the bright horizons

Also - we looked into Pinehurst Daycare (on 35th) in Wedgwood, it's cheaper and the waitlist is much shorter and no deposit.

Easter 2011

Largest selection of Halloween Costumes
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Lil' People's World is in North Seattle on N. 133rd in Haller Lake, just off I-5.

I don't know much about them, but I live right up the street and it seems like a decent place.

https://www.lilpeoplesworld.com/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    www.childcare.org
  • Options

ditto childcare.org.

Bright Horizons actually only will put your name on lists for 3 of their centers with your deposit.  

I put my name on wait lists downtown when I was 8 weeks pregnant.  My DD is now 7 months and we're still getting updates moving the dates out into 2009.  We ended up placing her in a daycare in Everett near where DH works until we get in downtown.  There is a terrible shortage.  Try to be as flexible as possible by signing up for part time if available or if it's a chain, a center that may be a little out of your way.  

Good luck and good job planning so early!  Finding daycare has been the single biggest stressor for me through pregnancy and going back to work.

• Options

My husband and I live in lower Queen Anne and I currently work in Belltown, so we've been trying to find an infant daycare in the Downtown area, but haven't had any luck.  We've been in contact with Seattle Child Development Center, they have a waitlist too, and only have part-time availability right now...Cascade Children's Center (no availability, and they give first priority to KNDU employees as they are in the same building as them) and a few other places near our condo w/o any luck.  Right now I am considering just staying at home, as $20/hour for a nanny would eat up over half of my paycheck.  I am hoping the closer we get to the due date/time frame the centers will have a better idea as to their availability.  But as previously posted, definitely get on as many waitlists as you can (FYI---a lot of places make you pay $50-$75 just to be on the waitlist)...

imageimageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"